Famous Babies We Can’t Wait To Meet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Early last week, Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton, and her husband, Prince William, announced they are expecting a third child sometime next spring.

The newest addition to the royal family will become fifth in line for the British throne. In the past, if the baby was a boy, he would surpass his older sister in line for the throne. But a measure was passed in 2011 that prevents this from happening. So whether the new baby is a boy or a girl, Princess Charlotte will still maintain her position in the lineage for the throne.

Duchess Kate and Prince William welcomed their first child, Prince George, to the world in 2013, and their daughter Princess Charlotte in 2015. As these two have proved, Kate and William make beautiful, lovely children together and we’re so excited for them as they prepare to welcome another baby into the world.

Another famous family is welcoming a third child into the world in 2018- Kim Kardashian West and husband Kanye West are expecting a baby via surrogate in January.

Kim gave birth to daughter North and son Saint in 2013 and 2015, respectively. However, due to fertility problems which Kim discussed in past seasons of KUWTK, the couple opted to have a third child through a surrogate mother.

North and Saint are shown here, along with cousins Penelope and Mason Disick.

Sources say that three children may not be the limit for dad Kanye West, who reportedly wants a family of five or six. The more the merrier!

In addition to the babies-to-be, we’re excited to hear that Serena Williams safely delivered a baby girl via C-section on September 1st, 2017.

Serena, seen here with fiance Alexis Ohanian, reportedly announced her pregnancy at 20 weeks on accident, leading people to calculate that she had been 8 weeks pregnant when she won the 2017 Australian Open. Williams claims that despite the negative things she hears about pregnancy, she didn’t let it affect her career. She even plans to return to playing tennis after her maternity leave. We applaud Serena on her perseverance and wish her the best with her new daughter and fiance.

Dr. Priscilla Chan and husband Mark Zuckerberg welcomed their second daughter to the world on August 28th, naming her a fitting “August”. August is the little sister to Maxima, who was born in 2015. Priscilla and Mark had founded the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative after Maxima was born, pledging 45 billion dollars to various charities, to help make the world a better place for their children. You can read the heartfelt letter from Zuckerberg to Maxima here.

Congratulations to all the parents and families!

Cover Image Source

Chelsea is a senior undergraduate at the University of Connecticut. She is pursuing a degree in Digital Media & Design with a concentration in business strategies, as well as a minor in Communications. She holds one of the Marketing & Design chairs for her school's chapter of Her Campus.