This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Ah, the fall. My favorite time of the year. The leaves are changing, sweatshirts and leggings are the new outfits of choice, and the smell of pumpkin lurks in the air. If you are bored on campus and your itinerary is empty, I have got you covered!

Coffee dates

With the cold weather approaching, sipping steamy beverages is a must! Coffee shops are the perfect environment to have study sessions or catch up with friends. Most cafes on campus will have pumpkin and seasonal flavored items so you can immerse yourself in the fall fun.

Take a walk when the leaves change

UConn has a beautiful campus that becomes magical during the fall. There is nothing better than the crisp air and the leaves transitioning to that beautiful red-orange tint. It is the time to take advantage and explore the stunning nature right on campus.

Attend a sporting event

Since UConn is a Division 1 school, games are filled with so much excitement and husky pride. Bring your energy to cheer on the volleyball team or join the loudest student section, soccer’s Goal Patrol! The games are free to attend, and you are guaranteed to have a great time. 

Farmer’s market

For those looking for an alternative to dining hall food, the Storrs Farmer’s Market happens every Saturday from 3 to 5 p.m. on 4 South Eagleville Road. Stop by to pick up some seasonal produce or baked goods. You can even snag a pumpkin to carve with friends!

scary movie marathon

What better way to get in the Halloween spirit than binging horror movies? Invite some friends over to your dorm, set up your laptop, grab some snacks, and behold, the perfect evening! 

Not everyone has the luxury of a car on campus, but there is no need to panic because there is plenty to do right at UConn. Overall, fall is the best time to get out and explore with friends!

Mairead is a junior nursing major at the University of Connecticut. In her free time, she can be found running, traveling, trying new foods, and going to the beach with friends!