Fall In Love With Autumn Nail Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Summer always seems to flash by way too quickly. With the return of the fall comes the cozy knits, apple picking, and pumpkin spice, well, everything. And as the leaves change color with the season, so do your nails.

Autumn Blues

New York Fashion Week has proven that blue’s are definitely in this season, from eye shadow to lipstick, and for your next manicure. Pastel shades such as Essie’s “Bikini So Teeny” ($8.49 at Target) is a periwinkle blue that can add an expected pop to your conventional fall nail colors.

Burgundy

Traditional deep reds and purples are essential to your autumn manicure. With tons of colors to choose from, you’ll definitely be able to find the perfect hue to complement your fall look. Check out O.P.I’s “Linkin Park After Dark” ($9.50 at Ulta) if you’re looking for a sophisticated plum color.

Warm Browns

With such a wide range of browns to choose from, there’s no doubt that you’ll discover a color that you’ll fall in love with. Sally Hansen’s “Branch Out” ($7.99 at Walgreens) is a dark and cozy red-brown with a faint, yet noticeable frosted touch. The great thing about the Complete Salon Manicure collection are the 7 benefits of a salon manicure in one bottle, including base coat, top coat, and a gel shine.

Shades of Gray

If the racy novel wasn’t exactly your style, check out fifty shades of gray through a chic manicure instead! It’s an effortless trend that’s been going strong for quite a few seasons now. China Glaze’s “Pelican Gray” ($7.50 at Ulta) is a cool and contemporary shade that’s also a great transition color to winter.

Earthy Greens

Leafy greens aren’t only good for your health, but your style too. Opt for modern military-esque shades or timeless jewel toned greens. “Mind Games” by Formula X ($12.50 at Sephora) is a gorgeous hue with a slight shimmer.

Metallic Madness

Frosty, metallic nails were all the talk on fall runways. You can find your any of your favorite colors with a cold, steely and tough finish. Essie’s “Penny Talk” ($8.59 at Target) is a stunning copper that will complement a cozy fall outfit and rose gold accessories.

Tweet us a picture of your fall favorite manicures @UConnHC!