ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Extremely Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Have you procrastinated? Have you waited until the very last minute to buy Christmas gifts? Are you also limited on cash? Well don’t worry, here are a few gifts ideas that you can easily make or buy and give to your loved ones, whether it’s friends or family.

1. Reindeer Hot Cocoa

These reindeer hot cocoa bags can make an easy and great Christmas gift. The materials that you need are piping bags, powdered hot cocoa, mini marshmallows, red pom-poms, googly eyes, brown pipe cleaners, and glue.  You might already have some of these materials at home!  This is a really cute idea that will make anyone happy to receive it. For further instructions, click here.

2. Adult Coloring Books

Adult coloring books have been very popular lately and it’s a great gift that anyone would love. Barnes and Noble has a variety of different coloring book designs and themes that you can choose from. The price range is typically $5 and above, depending on how fancy the book is.

3. Candy Christmas Tree

A candy Christmas tree is a creative and sweet gift for people of all ages. This DIY is very simple to make. The materials that you will need are an empty wine or champagne bottle, a roll of tape, scissors, small candy bars, and ribbons. You can get your friend’s or family member’s favorite candy to personalize it.  Whoever you give it to will love this! For further instructions, click here.

4. DIY Mint Sugar Scrub

Everyone loves body scrubs, espcially if they smell like peppermint. For this simple DIY project, all you need are coconut oil, sugar, peppermint extract, and green food coloring. All of these ingredients can be found at your local supermarket. The jars or containers and the ribbon can be found at a dollar store or Walmart for a low cost. For further instructions, click here.

5. Candy Bouquet 

Who doesn’t love candy? This candy bouquet consists of candy bars and candy boxes.  You can choose the number of bars you buy (anywhere between 5 and 7 bars) depending on how big you want your bouqet and how much you want to spend.  You’ll also need exactly 4 candy boxes in order to form the bottom stand.  Any dollar store, supermarket, or the local Walmart stock candy for low prices.  You will also need a floral styrofoam form and wooden sticks.  These can all be found at you local craft store. For further instructions, click here

6. Christmas Tea Trees

To go along with the Christmas tree theme, for the tea lover in your life, you can also make an assorted tea tree. For this craft, you will need individual tea bags, a cone of styrofoam, a hot glue gun or super glue, a cylinder-shaped box for the ‘stump’ of the tree, and a star which you can easily make from a piece of cardboard. All of the materials are very easy to find at a craft store and grocery store and are super affordable. For further instructions, click here

7. Personalized Sharpie Mugs

These Sharpie mugs are very easy to create, and all you will need are white mugs and Sharpie oil-based paint pens, which you can find for an affordable price at a dollar store or Walmart. You can be very creative in what designs you choose or follow the design instructions here

Good luck gifting and happy holidays!

Cover Image Source