Executive Director of Greek Week 2014: Joe Rosano

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.
Name: Joe Rosano

Year: Junior

Major: Pharmacy

Joe posing for a picture outside of Husky Village (Credit: Joe Rosano)

Campus Involvement: Brother of the Beta Theta Pi Fraternity, Executive Director of Greek Week 2014, UConn Tour Guide

Claim to Fame: Executive Director of Greek Week Management Team

Describe Greek Week: Greek Week is a time where the UConn Greek community can come together to participate in a week long celebration of ideals, values, brotherhood, sisterhood, and scholarship. It is a time to remember that we are all a part of a bigger picture than just our individual organizations and Greek Week is a time to celebrate our unity.

Why you chose to be involved with Greek Week through a position: I have gotten so much out of my own greek life experience that when I saw an opening in a position that would allow me to give back to a community that has given me so much I couldn’t say no!

Why you chose to be involved with Greek Life: Coming from a small town to such a large university I was looking to get involved with an organization that would truly make me feel “at home”. Being involved with a fraternity gave me 100+ brothers I would have never met otherwise. We’re life long friends and the word brothers truly doesn’t do it justice. 

What are your responsibilities in your position?: Being executive director I am in charge of overseeing Greek Week as a whole. All the planning and programming that goes on is run by me and I help my executive board members where they need it. I really aim to create an open and fun environment when we meet to make sure everyone feels comfortable and has fun while we plan such a large campus wide event.

Favorite Greek Week memory so far: My favorite Greek Week memory was definitely participating in my first Greek Week as a freshman and meeting new people in different organizations and learning about their values and more about their organization.

Describe your team that you work with: My team is an extremely outgoing bunch of individuals who genuinely care about greek life here on campus and are very dedicated to hosting the best Greek Week yet!