assorted zodiac signs?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
assorted zodiac signs?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Illustration on Canva for Her Campus Media
Wellness

Everything You Need To Know About Your Horoscope This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Whether you are someone who checks their horoscope each morning or hardly believes that the stars have any control over your life, it is still nice to know that there could be some greater force out there making sure that you stay on the right track. If you’re anything like me, at a time like this filled with midterm stress, Halloween costumes that aren’t quite finalized, and seasonal depression creeping its way back around, it can be comforting to know where you stand in the midst of it all. Use this as your zodiac guide to fall! Since we are all unique, take whatever resonates with you and leave what doesn’t.

Some key factors to note are that this past Monday (Oct 18th) marked Mercury being back on a direct course after being in retrograde since September 27, so hopefully, we will collectively feel more settled and at peace. In addition to this, Libra season is coming to a close this Friday the 22nd as the sun takes its rise in Scorpio on Saturday, just in time for Halloween!

Aries

March 21 – April 19

Your mantra for the coming weeks is “Go for it!” Stop focusing on what is holding you back and put all of your energy toward the end goal. Strong ambition is your secret power; use it to your advantage. Set up boundaries in your relationships (it’s okay to say no!) and use this new time in Scorpio to be more direct in both your communication and your actions. Perhaps consider a Marvel-themed costume this year in order to better embody your dominance on Halloween night.

Taurus

April 20 – May 20

Fall is a time where you feel the most nostalgic Taurus, as there is a certain luxury in reminiscing about a time of no uncertainty. Acknowledge these feelings with a day of binging your favorite old Halloween movies or listening to the Gilmore Girls soundtrack on repeat, but don’t dwell on the past for too long. The only thing you have control over is the present, so concentrate on the now. Envision yourself in a life free of any stresses that might have had a hold on you in the past and become that best version of yourself!

Gemini

May 21 – June 20

Stop overthinking! As SZA says, just take it day by day. You might find yourself putting too much pressure on knowing all the answers right now, but that is unrealistic even for someone as sharp-minded as you. Focus on the people that you surround yourself with and put your energy into harnessing these relationships on a more personal level. Try to unwind and slow your mind; maybe by taking a yoga class at the Rec Center this week!

Cancer

June 21 – July 22

As much as you enjoy taking on the energy of others, use this fall to truly take time for yourself, Cancer! Though we all admire your amazing heart, focus on how you feel rather than how you make everyone else feel. Stand up for yourself in social settings, and maybe instead of saying yes to going out with your friends this Thursday night when you know your work is building up, recognize that you are the main priority. If you would rather, stay in, make some hot cocoa, and cozy up with any lectures you’re behind on (or maybe just the cocoa – I won’t tell).

Leo

July 23 – August 22

Stop doubting yourself Leo; take a look in the mirror and remind yourself who you are! Coming out of this retrograde it is possible that you feel a bit pulled in every direction, but just take a deep breath and realize you can handle this. Take a little downtime to remind yourself where your priorities lie before putting yourself back out there. Try on that costume that we both know you look amazing in and remember that you are stronger than whatever or whoever is trying to hold you back.

Virgo

August 23 – September 22

This fall, small reminders of your past may resurface, Virgo (those Snap memories always hit a little too close to home). But, don’t look at this as a sign to slide back into your old habits. Instead, view it more as a sign that you’re on the right path and can finally look back and breathe a sigh of relief! Even if you don’t see the rewards just yet, know everything good takes time, like the 13 minutes it takes for a perfect Pillsbury holiday cookie. Put all positive energy and focus into your desires and remember that you deserve them in abundance.

Libra

September 23 – October 22

Namaste Libra. As your season comes to a close, you should still be entering into a time of more clarity and calm. Even if it doesn’t feel like it, you are becoming a stronger version of yourself by simply recognizing how you have grown over the past few months. Continue to put trust in yourself and your strong intuition and use this time to complete your fall to-do list. Grab a coffee and get started on those errands; you have more fuel to complete them than you may think!

Scorpio

October 23 – November 21

As the seasons transition into your Scorpio sun, you might notice a similar transition in your life. Whether you are literally transitioning into a new phase or more figuratively transitioning your mindset, stay true to your heart. Remember that no one truly understands you better than you, Scorpio. Your confidence in both yourself and your emotions will continue to grow in the coming weeks, so use this to your advantage in any new opportunities you come across!

Sagittarius

November 22 – December 21

You are coming off of a major growth period even if you don’t realize it, but let’s be honest, you haven’t flaunted it enough! Be proud of the progress you have made and share it with the world. Take that fire Insta pic on Halloween and don’t even think twice about posting it. As your season gradually approaches, use this time in Scorpio to develop the best version of yourself to present to us when your time comes. Focus on where you choose to place your personal energy and remember that there is only so much of you to go around.

Capricorn

December 22 – January 19

As an Earth sign, cuffing season will naturally bring up a variety of emotions for you. But whether you have a boo (pun totally intended) or not, focus on yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Don’t put so much attention on the concept of destiny this fall; the only guarantee in life is you! Take a wellness night or two to yourself… there are some autumn candles practically calling your name. Sometimes all you need is a little time to rejuvenate before being ready to put yourself right back out there! 

Aquarius

January 20 – February 18

As much as we all love to live through the lives of celebrities or influencers (we’re looking at you Emily Mariko), work to make your own life reflect what you desire! Use the momentum of the changing seasons to recognize that you are capable of anything you put your mind to, as soon as you put your mind to it.  New opportunities for personal growth and relationships will soon arise, so be proactive and make what you want to happen, happen! You have all the necessary tools right at your fingertips Aquarius, you just have to know where to look. 

Pisces

February 19 – March 20

During this fall solstice, you are likely to have an influx of creative feelings that you may now wish to express. Find the best way to do this for yourself, even if it is just romanticizing the small and seemingly simple parts of your day! I’m definitely seeing an aesthetic fall ‘day in the life’ TikTok in your future. Continue to trust your gut and stay tuned in to any vibes coming your way, good or bad. The bad can only overtake you when you give it the power to, so simply stay on your own course! You are the artist of your own life Pisces; make it your greatest masterpiece.

Taylor is a sophomore Communications major at the University of Connecticut. She enjoys reading, thrift shopping and having too much coffee.