Everything you need to know about Beyoncé’s new clothing line

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Around the time Beyoncé’s last album, BEYONCÉ, was released, there were multiple rumors about her coming out with a clothing line. After nearly three years of waiting, Beyoncé teamed up with Topshop’s owner, Sir Philip Green and now “Ivy Park” is finally here.

Ivy Park was released on April 14, 2016. The BeyHive swarmed Topshop and Nordstrom along with online shopping at Ivypark.com, Topshop, Nordstrom and Net-a-porter. Beyoncé’s loyal fans reportedly crashed Topshop’s website when ordering from the collection. Fans ranted on Twitter about how it was easier to get concert tickets than an Ivy Park headband.

The 200-piece collection includes tees, bodysuits, sports bras, leggings and sweatshirts. Don’t worry collegiettes- there’s something that will fit your budget. The prices range from $25-$200. The collection has a cool casual athletic vibe. The Ivy Park logo adds a cute touch when printed boldly on a tee or lacing the waistline of leggings. This line will definitely keep you motivated to stay fit this year. 

So why the name ‘Ivy Park’? In an interview with Elle Magazine, Beyoncé explains how she decided on the clothing line’s new name. 

“I called it Ivy Park because a park is our commonality. We can all go there; we’re all welcomed. It’s anywhere we create for ourselves. for me, it’s the place that my drive comes from. I think we all have that place we go to when we need to fight through something, set our goals and accomplish them,” she said.