Everything You Missed on Last Night’s Ep of the Bachelor!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Did you miss last night’s episode of the Bachelor?  If so, here is a quick recap of all the drama, meltdowns, and group dates!

The episode started with 32-year-old Renee on a one-on-one date with Juan.  The lovebirds explored the streets of Vietnam and shopped for clothes for their kids.  Although Renee expressed her desire to kiss Juan, he assured her that he wanted to “take things slow” and set a good example for daughter Camila by waiting to kiss.

The episode then continued with a group date: Sharleen, Chelsie, Kat, Cassandra, Clare, Kelly, Ali, Danielle, and Andi.  The girls were giddy to see Juan, but when him and Clare snuck down the river and were caught lip-locking, the other girls instantly got mad.  “I’m seeing another one-on-one date happen right in front of my eyes,” complained Andi. And so the drama began…

After the date ended, the girls ventured back to the house and Clare claimed she was “going to bed…” And by “going to bed” she meant “sneaking out to Juan’s suite for a late night rendezvous.”  The two conuddled in the ocean until the wee hours of the night.

The next morning Juan was wide-awake and eager for his one-on-one date with Nikki.  The two strolled through the grounds at Marble Mountain before lowering themselves into a large cave (much to Nikki’s despair).  She overcame her fear of heights and explained that she was falling for Juan (no pun intended).  Later at dinner Nikki expressed her excitement to welcome Camila as her stepdaughter.  Cue “Date Rose.”

Next, the cocktail ceremony began with Juan announcing that he would be sending home three girls.  He then pulled Clare aside, admitting that he made a mistake by sneaking out with her in the ocean the previous night.  “It’s not fair to the other girls,” he proclaimed, to which Clare bursted into tears.  Juan said that his daughter would be watching the showand he wanted to set a good example for her.  Clare sobbed that she “never meant to disrespect Camila” and was left confused and emotional.  The girls noticed the tension, however, Clare insisted her eyes are red and teary from “awful allergies.” Right… 

When the ceremony finally began, Juan sent through 8 girls.  Sadly, packing their bags were Danielle, Kelly, and Alli. 

The girls remaining included: Clare- his midnight hookup, Nikki- who could be “wife material”, Renee- who is “beautiful and smart,” Sharleen- a “favorite,” and Andi- the gorgeous brunette with the flawless ombre.

Chelsie, Kat, and Cassandra also made it through but weren’t seen interacting with Juan much this week…  Perhaps they are headed home next episode?

Until next week!