Ed Sheeran Does It Again With ‘Divide’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Ed Sheeran’s album Divide has been released and we cannot stop listening to it! After a one year hiatus, the ginger Jesus has blessed us with what could possibly be the best album ever. Divide has songs that deal with Sheeran’s childhood, relationships, and break-ups. This album will make you feel things, things you haven’t felt before. Here is a breakdown of the songs on Divide and how they made us feel:

“Eraser”:

Two words: Ed rapping. Sheeran starts the album by rapping in “Eraser” about his beginnings, his success, and why he took a year off. “I need to get in the right mind and clear myself up.” We hope he’s well rested and ready to conquer the music industry and world again.

“Dive”:

This song gives off such a John Mayer vibe – which it very well may be as he played guitar on Divide. “Dive” makes you afraid of falling in love in the fear that the other person may not return your feelings. “Don’t call me baby, unless you mean it.” It makes you think, “Am I coming off too strong?”

“Perfect”:

If you don’t envision your first dance at your wedding and tear up when you listen to this song, I don’t know what to tell you. “Perfect” makes you want to find your forever person just so you can hold them and never let go.

“Galway Girl”:

“You’re my pretty little Galway Girl”… what a jam! This song makes you want to dance and find out who this girl was. Wherever she is, I hope she’s happy to know that there’s an amazing song about her.

“Happier”:

This songs makes you clutch your heart in pain, knowing your ex-lover has moved on and is happier than they were with you. Ouch!

“New Man”:

Sheeran will make you giggle when you listen to this song. It will make you wonder who would leave the ginger Jesus himself for the lame guy Ed’s hilariously describing in this song.

“Hearts Don’t Break Around Here”:

This is the type of song you randomly hum throughout the day without even realizing it. It’s such a sweet tune about feeling safe around the person you’re hopelessly and completely in love with. If you want a lover to describe you, they better make it sound like the way Sheeran describes the girl in his song… so lovely, so sweet.

“How Would You Feel (Paean)”:

Imagine sitting in a parked car with your significant other and you’re debating whether to tell them you’re in love with them… imagine the butterflies. THE FEELS!

“Supermarket Flowers”:

Do you have a tissue or two? “Supermarket Flowers” will get you. I repeat, it will get you. Sheeran wrote this for his ill grandmother who passed away toward the end of writing this album. Rest in peace, grandma Sheeran. We hope you’re proud of Ed!

Do yourself a favor and purchase Ed Sheeran’s Divide. You can thank me later!

Cover Image Source