Dominic Fike Deserves More Hype For His Coachella Performance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Dominic Fike had his first Coachella performance this year and he absolutely killed it. Fike has gained immense popularity since his acting debut on HBO’s hit show Euphoria, but his musical abilities should definitely not go unrecognized. After this performance, Fike will no longer be known for his role as Euphoria‘s cool bad boy, but as the incredible performer that he is.

Fike’s performance was so good it left fans in tears

Fike’s set list consisted of some of his most popular songs like “3 Nights” and “Why,” and some fun surprises. As an underrated artist, Fike demonstrated his abilities super early with his opener, “West Coast Collective,” which was the perfect choice to show off his angelic vocals.

Fike demonstrated his talent during his weekend 1 performance, making him a weekend 2 must-see artist. His take on his highly popular song “Why” left fans amazed, and for good reason. Fike ended his performance by belting out the chorus of “Why” after passing the mic off to his fans to sing with him. This was a never-before-heard variation of “Why,” and just watching it on TikTok left me speechless.

@dailypov247

the song is called “why” before you ask, from his coachella 2023 set #dominicfike #euphoria #zendaya #coachella2023

♬ Why – Dominic Fike

New releases!

Fike’s variation of “Why” wasn’t the only new aspect of his set list, but he actually shocked fans when he debuted two brand new songs at Coachella weekend 1. “Mamas Boy” and “Ant Pile,” Fike’s brand new songs, are hinted to be released on streaming platforms soon! So if you’re not a Dominic Fike fan yet, maybe his new releases will catch your attention.

Kelti is a Junior at the University of Connecticut studying Journalism and Communications. Her love for fashion has inspired her writing.