Dogs that Totally Get the Struggles of Seeing Family at the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Coming home from break can be one of the best feelings for a college student, but ask them a week later how they really feel. Family is everywhere; your mom needs you to somehow wash all the outside windows before grandma gets here, you have to spend more than you would like on Christmas gifts, and there’s always going to be that one person who asks who you are dating and where your life is going while at the dinner table. Because dogs seem to be our truest friends when we return home from school, here are some dogs that totally understand the struggles of being around family over break. 

As soon as you get home and put your bags in your room, someone asks you how finals went and the only way to describe them is:

And now that you’re home, suddenly all the chores your mom has for the holidays need to be done by tomorrow and she asks you to help:

You hear family arriving, coming into the house and you can’t tell if you should be excited or hide:

With all the family around it seems that every relative has to ask you about school/ your love life/ future goals/ retirement plan:

There’s always that one family member that asks if you have been keeping in shape at school and you aren’t sure if it’s a compliment or a hint:

And somehow your parents still don’t understand that pizza is an acceptable meal at any hour:

Spending an evening with family can make you feel like this:

Or this:

But we love them no matter what!

Happy Holidays!

Cover Image Source

I am from a small New Hampshire town you have probably never heard of before. I am always active and on the go, soccer, lacrosse, hiking, skiing, running and even horse back riding. I am shamelessly in love with every member of the Boston Red Sox as well as my border collie/aussie mix of a pup, Sophie. I am a physiology and neurobiology major here at Uconn and if I could be any one in the world other than myself I would be Christina Yang from Greys Anatomy