Do Andi and Alex have ‘The Voice’?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

On this week’s episode of The Voice, America watched as thousands of hopefuls performed for Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani, Blake Shelton, and Adam Levine to see if they had what it takes to become the winners of season nine. One act in particular, Andi and Alex, captured the attention of those who were watching, including all four judges.

Andi and Alex, the 23-year-old twin singing duo from Wisconsin, completely wowed the judges with their blind audition as they covered Dido’s “Thank You”. After all four judges gave the twins a standing ovation, Adam Levine praised them saying, “I think you guys are one of the most perfectly fitting duos I’ve ever heard… I’m astonished at how good that was.” Gwen Stefani added, “What was really magical about it was that you took a song, and we heard it in a whole different way, and that’s just so incredible.” In the end, the bubbly Wisconsin twins chose to be a part of Team Adam, which he was visibly elated about.

America clearly agreed with the judges, as the studio version of Andi and Alex’s cover immediately rose in the charts, once it was released after the episode.