This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Despite the tearful departure on last night’s three-hour episode on the Bachelor in Paradise, it looks like we’ll be seeing a lot more of Colton Underwood, as GMA just announced he’ll be the next Bachelor. Speculation had been circulating around a few popular names for the last few weeks as fans tried to narrow down the suspects and figure out who may be the star for the upcoming Season 23. High up on the list were the names of popular favorites: Blake Horstmann, Jason Tartick and everyone’s favorite, “Grocery Store Joe.” Despite this, it seems Colton had secured his place in America’s hearts, as ABC ultimately chose him for the role.

Fans of the popular show were first introduced to Colton on Becca Kufrin’s season of “The Bachelorette” and was a fan favorite among many. He was even a top contender to win Becca’s heart, making it to the final four where he was ultimately sent home.

During his time on the show Colton was known for two things, first that he was a virgin, and waiting not for marriage but for the “right woman”, and second, for dating Becca Kufrin’s friend Tia before auditioning for the show. Colton and Tia later reconnected on Bachelor in Paradise that aired this summer, before abruptly ending things in last night’s episode as Colton stated he felt his heart wasn’t in it anymore and felt he was not going to be the one to make Tia happy.

While fans of both franchises may be unhappy with how things ended between him and Tia, Colton has stated that not only has he moved on, but that he’s open minded and excited, hoping that “the third time’s the charm” when it comes to his chance at finding love. He also seems more than excited about having the chance to end his season by getting down on one knee and proposing to the girl of his dreams. In an interview with GMA this morning, he stated, “That’s what I’m looking for … being engaged and then getting married shortly after that.” Well here’s to hoping he finds everything he wishes for. 

Season 23 of the Bachelor is expected to air sometime in 2019 on ABC.