Coldplay to Perform at Superbowl 50

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s official, Coldplay will be taking the field in performance, under A Sky Full of Stars, during the Super Bowl 50 Halftime show, America’s most highly anticipated performance of the year. Legendary artists such as The Who, Bruce Springsteen, Beyoncé, as well as many other huge names in the music industry have filled stadiums with talent and entertainment during previous Halftime shows.

On Thursday, Dec. 3, the NFL confirmed that Coldplay will be headlining Super Bowl 50. It is rumored that other acts, specifically Bruno Mars, will be accompanying the British pop-rock group. Proceeding the NFL’s decision, the internet reacted with mixed emotions.

Although not many details about the performance have been released, one thing is for sure, their performance will exude musicality, musicianship, and raw talent.  The band is known for their hit songs “Clocks”, “Viva La Vida”, and “Yellow”.

Coldplay released their latest studio album, A Head Full of Dreams, on Friday, Dec. 4. Super Bowl 50 is set to occur on February 7, 2016 and we all hope the refs will keep the number of yellow flags to a minimum.