This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

What is “Clean Beauty”? While there isn’t one definition of what labels a beauty product as “Clean Beauty”, it can be assumed that the majority of beauty products that are free of any harmful ingredients fall under this category. The “Clean Beauty” movement is an attempt to remove the famous six ingredients from beauty products; Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates, Mineral Oils, Fragrances, and Chemical Sunscreens. 

Sephora began labeling all their “Clean Beauty” inventory products with a Clean Seal so consumers can easily recognize which products are safe. Sephora has even gone as far as to create a Clean Beauty section in stores and online so that consumers who wish to use safe, chemical free beauty products can have a streamlined shopping experience. A few of my favorite companies that Sephora has started working with for their Clean Seal movement  Drunk Elephant, Kopari, and Glow Recipe. Sephora Clean Beauty

1.Drunk Elephant

Drunk Elephant has become a favorite for “Clean Beauty” recently. The company believes that the famous six ingredients while being toxic, are also the root of all skincare issues and therefore will not produce them in their skincare lines. Rather than including harmful ingredients in their products, Drunk Elephant finds alternative ingredients that will do the same work. Drunk Elephant products are coined for being fragrance-free and 100% natural. My personal favorite is the C-Firma Vitamin C Day Serum which can be used on all skin types. While on the pricer end, this Vitamin C serum is worth every penny. After only a few weeks my face was noticeably brighter and more even-toned. C-Firma Vitamin C Day Serum

2.Kopari

Kopari is another “Clean Beauty” company They promise consumers that all of their products are sulfate-free, paraben-free, cruelty-free, phthalate-free, and vegan. What makes Kopari even more unique is that all of their products contain organic coconut oil that is sustainably made in the Philippines. Kopari makes safe products while helping create jobs for families in third world countries, what is better than that!? A personal product favorite of mine is their Organic Coconut Melt which can be used as a moisturizer, hair mask, makeup remover, or under eye cream. The Coconut Melt is by far the best moisturizer I have ever and it is versatile for other needs. Coconut Melt

3.Glow Recipe

Lastly, one of my favorite “Clean Beauty” companies is Glow Recipe. Glow Recipe believes that what is not in their skincare line is just as important as what is leaving their products clean all major chemicals and cruelty-free. With over 1,000 five star reviews on Sephora, my absolute favorite product of theirs is their Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask. I swear there will never be a mask that will be able to compare to how bright and soft this mask makes my skin look every morning. Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask