Style

Holiday Gift Inspiration: 5 Items To Add To Your Christmas List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

This holiday season, you may be like me, and be at a complete loss about what gifts to ask for or get your loved ones. After asking my family and friends and going down an online shopping rabbit hole, I comprised a short list of the best Christmas gift ideas.

1. perfume

What better gift than the gift of smelling good? There are so many warm, cozy scents that are perfect for the upcoming winter season. I would highly recommend Cloud by Ariana Grande, Coffee Break by Replica, and 62 Brazilian Crush by Sol de Janeiro. Every item in the gift set pictured below from Sol de Janeiro will make you smell amazing!

2. Revlon One-step Volumizer

This isn’t just your normal hair dryer; the Revlon One-Step is a hair brush, hair dryer crossover that will save you so much time in your day-day life. I swear by this hair dryer and will recommend it to anyone not only because of how easy and idiot-proof it is, but because of how good of a blowout it’ll give you in no time.

3. Chunky sweaters

There’s nothing better than feeling cozy and confident in what you’re wearing. This is exactly how I feel when I wear a fluffy, chunky sweater in the wintertime. The great thing about sweaters is that you can dress them up (with boots and a nice jacket), or dress them down (with leggings and sneakers). Some stores I love to buy these types of sweaters from are Zara, Aerie, and Abercrombie because they’re cute, yet affordable.

4. Skin care fridge

These cute, mini fridges are perfect to hold all your skin care necessities. Some examples of products you may want to include in your skin care fridge may include a jade roller, face masks, eye serums, and an ice roller. Not only in this personal fridge adorable, but it has beneficial, cooling effects for your skin.

5. Puffer vest

Puffer vests have been trending for a while now, and I couldn’t love this trend more. These vests aren’t just suitable for the cold weather but add on as an accessory to any winter outfit. You can either go the neutral route and get a black, brown, tan, or white vest, or go the bright route and get a vest in a pop of color. Either way, this is a practical, stylish gift that anyone would love this winter season

Whether you’re buying Christmas gifts for yourself, a loved one, or handing out Christmas lists to your family members, these are just a few gift ideas that are trending this holiday season. Hopefully, this short list sparked inspiration for your holiday wish lists!

Shaina Julis

U Conn '25

Shaina is a sophomore Communications major. When she's not busy with class, she loves baking, cycle classes, and going to the beach, in her free time.