Campus Kicks: Winter Sparkle!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

“Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.”
-Marilyn Monroe

Welcome back to UConn!  With all the upcoming welcome back parties, gathering of friends, and of course a new semester of classes, we want to make sure you are looking your best.  Shoes can make or break the outfit so make sure to check in here for the new sparkling winter trend. 

This winter season is all about glamming it up with some sparkle and shine! Focus the spotlight on your shoes, as sequin and sparkle embellishments are adding a fun, new, twinkling texture to the campus kicks scene.  No matter the occasion or your price range, there is a glamorous glittering shoe for everyone.

Whether you’re ready to hit the club with some friends or a night out on the town, you can rock a sparkle heel or booty.  Take a look at the women’s Komet Platform Pump from Payless Shoe Source or SPARKK by Steve Madden if you’re willing to spend a little more.

Perhaps, you want a more casual look for a small get together or a dinner date with friends.  In that case, try an embellished flat for a simpler look.  Check out the women’s Chelsea Flat by Lower East Side at Payless Shoe Source or Tanner by Steve Madden.

For those devoted Sperry lovers, there is even something for you! Sperry Top-Sider has created several sequin and sparkle boat shoes.  These are a perfect choice if you want to add little shimmer to your everyday campus wardrobe. 

Do you love the glamorous sparkles, but want a shoe that is more cozy and comfortable for those chilly winter days? Try out the UGG Australia Classic Short Silver or Gold Sparkle boot.  It’s the best of both worlds! Be sure to also check out the extensive color assortment to best express your personal style.

As you head back to campus, we want to make sure you have all the tips and trends for a dazzling spring semester.  Welcome back and remember to stay updated with Her Campus UConn so your campus kicks never go out of style! 

Caitlin is a Communication major with minors in Sociology and Women's Studies at the University of Connecticut. She has always loved to write, but she caught the advertising bug at UConn and now dreams of creating ads that people will always remember. When she's not studying mass media or reading advertising blogs, Caitlin loves making collages, riding horses, and surprising people!