Jeon Jungkook’s Solo Album “Golden”
Jeon Jungkook’s Solo Album “Golden”
Ashley Bejar

BTS’ Jeon Jungkook’s New Solo Album ‘Golden’ Is Indeed Golden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Last month on Dec. 12, the remaining members of the popular Korean boy band, BTS officially left for the mandated military service. But they didn’t leave without gifts for ARMY’s (the name of their fanbase). From mid-2022 to late 2023, solo singles and solo albums have been periodically released by each of the members.

The legendary boy group went on an official hiatus in June 2022, which meant that there was a pause in group activities. However, this allowed each of the members to do their own thing and release music as solo artists!

As an ARMY, I have listened to each of their solo albums and even purchased a few, one of them recently being Jungkook’s Golden album. If you know BTS, then you’ll know how much each of the members loves ARMY’s, but Jungkook is the one who expresses his love the most. Although I am an OT7 fan, I was excited to get my hands on his solo album.

My go-to place to buy KPOP albums is Target due to the extra photocard that’s included in the albums, making them “Target Exclusive.” The standard album is available in three versions: Shine, Solid, and Substance (which is what I got), and there’s a special Weverse version only available on the Weverse app. Regardless of the albums, each comes with one random poster, one photobook, two random postcards, two small stickers, one CD, and two random photocards (or three if you buy it from Target).

Jeon Jungkook’s Solo Album “Golden” with posters, postcards, and 3 photo cards all from the album
Ashley Bejar

Out of the seven members of BTS, Jungkook was the only one to release an English-only album on Nov. 3, 2023! This allowed more international fans to understand the lyrics without having to look at translations. This album includes 11 songs, with a few songs that have been released months earlier. Some songs feature collaborations with popular artists like Latto, Jack Harlow, DJ Snake, and Major Lazer. Later remixes were released which featured Justin Timberlake and Usher.

Jungkook’s collaboration with mainstream American artists allowed for more recognition to be achieved by listeners who aren’t KPOP fans. I have heard his songs on the radio and in stores, even until this day months after it came out. A few of his songs have still remained on the Billboard Top 100, a “golden” achievement for a Korean solo artist.

With Jin returning from his military service in five months, ARMY’s will be gifted with another solo album! The remaining members of BTS won’t be back until the summer of 2025, but we fans will patiently wait for their safe return (and a possible tour!) Until then, stream Golden, you won’t regret it!

Ashley Bejar writes fun and informative articles for the Her Campus chapter at UConn! She is from Bridgeport, CT and comes from an all-Peruvian family. Ashley is currently a sophomore, first-gen, psychology and human development & family sciences double major at the University of Connecticut! In high school, she worked and presented a Capstone project. This included a year of research/experimenting, writing an article of the data, and presenting the findings to a panel of judges. She also writes original stories for fun on the internet. Aside from writing articles, Ashley is involved in numerous clubs and organizations. She is an avid KPOP listener and loves to learn the dances and is a member of the UConn KPOP group Seoular. She loves to work a lot with children as well. In the future, she hopes to be a child psychologist/therapist! On campus activities include community outreach (specifically with children), acting in plays & musicals for UConn Dramatic Paws, and dancing to a multitude of genres of music!