This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

We all love our lovely group of ladies.  You can trust them with anything, they’re there for you when you need them, and they support you through thick and thin. But what milestones did you go through in order to become the tight-knit squad that you are?

1. Being on a first name basis with each other’s parents. Extra points if you follow your bestie’s mom on Instagram.  

2. Knowing their class schedule as much as you know your own. You gotta know where your girls are so you can meet up whenever you’re free. 

3. Going to each other’s house and just walking in. No need for a doorbell to ring or a knock, just walk in and say hello to your second family like you live there, that’s how you know it’s real. 

4. Going to each other for medical advice. Nothing is off limits and obviously you trust your girl’s amateur medical opinion more than you trust Googling something and finding out  that you only have 3 days to live all because of a hangnail. 

5. Being the behind the scenes coordinator of a good selfie. Whether it’s flashing a light on them so their highlight can pop or propping their ladies together for a little extra cleavage, you’re there to help. 

6. Going as their plus one to any of their family events, (especially to a wedding where people assume you’re going to show up with your significant other).  Sometimes a boyfriend just isn’t in the picture but you have each other’s backs and go and tell everyone at the wedding how successful your friend is back at school.

7. Going on vacation with each other’s family. Once again, you’ve become the adopted child of your friend’s parents and if that doesn’t mean you’re stuck together for life, we don’t know what does. 

8. Trusting each other to order food exactly the way you like it. Burger but no pickles, or a latte but with skim milk instead of whole… you know the details. 

9. Knowing each other’s wardrobe. Let’s face it, there’s nothing better than calling in some fashion advice and having your friend tell you exactly what to pull out of your closet without them even having to look in there. 

10. Facetiming anytime, anywhere. Seeing your friend’s face pop up on the phone screen while they’re in a bathroom stall may be a little much, but not if you’re in it for the long haul. 

Cover Image Source