Best Places for Dessert at UConn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

October 14th is National Dessert Day and it’s time to celebrate the best meal of the day!  For all you dessert lovers, it’s an excuse to indulge, take a break from studying, and treat yourself to your favorites!  In honor of the holiday, here is a list of the best places on and around campus to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Insomnia Cookies. Whether it’s just the traditional warm cookie or a cookie sandwich, you can’t go wrong.  Head down to Storrs Center or have your cookies delivered to you until 3am!

Dog Lane Café.  Located in Storrs Center, Dog Lane is a great environment to hang out or study while enjoying one of their delicious desserts and a coffee. 

Chuck and Augie’s. Their specialty dessert will leave you wanting s’more.  Try the S’mores Sundae or a variety of other desserts from UConn’s restaurant right in the Student Union.

Froyo World. With a variety of flavors and toppings, take a trip down to Storrs Center with some friends to enjoy a custom dessert experience.  Froyo World is a healthier option for dessert without sacrificing flavor.

UConn Cafés.  Try out a sweet crepe at Le Petit Marche Café or try some of The Beanery’s freshly made desserts, such as cake pops, chocolate bombs, Cannoli’s, even, chocolate covered bacon.  The best part, they take points if you have a meal plan!  Le Petit Marche is located in the Co-Op at Storrs Center and The Beanery is inside the Benton Museum right across the quad from the Student Union.

Sweet Emotions.  UConn’s very own candy shop right in Storrs Center.  Grab a bag filled with your favorite candies to make studying for midterms a little bit sweeter.

Last, but certainly not least,

The Dairy Bar.  The best place for dessert at UConn is the farm fresh ice cream of the Dairy Bar, made right here at UConn.  If you’ve never been there, this is the time to try it out and if you have, here’s your excuse to make the trip for arguably the best ice cream in Connecticut.  The Dairy Bar is located in East Campus near Horsebarn Hill.  They have a variety of amazing flavors so don’t be afraid to ask for samples before choosing.  The Blue Cow and The Blue Cow Truck, also, offer select Dairy Bar flavors and they accept meal plan points!

Happy National Dessert Day!  Celebrate Well.

Taylor is a senior at UConn majoring in Communications and Journalism, dreaming of living and working in New York City. She is passionate about Fashion, Health, and Sports. In her free time, she loves to travel and spend time with family and friends. She is a Starbucks addict and lover of all things dessert.