This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

I am always on the lookout for new artists and songs that not a lot of people are listening to yet. Here is my inside scoop on some of my favorite new artists, with small and large followings.

Ice Spice

Ice Spice is one of the artists that blew up with TikTok, but unlike many of the new artists that started popping up, she isn’t a TikToker — her songs started gaining popularity through the sounds used in TikToks. Two of her most popular songs “Munch (Feelin’ U)” and “Boy’s a Liar,” were part of her EP and single in 2023. With her 27 million monthly listeners on Spotify and being 124th most listened to in the world, I highly recommend you take a listen.

Graham

If you are anything like me and love to listen to sad music at night, GRAHAM is the perfect artist for the occasion. One of my current favorites is “Silhouettes,” a 2022 single. With its deep lyrics and sick beats, it has been one of my go-to’s for a sad late-night vibe.

Notebook P

One of my favorite genres of music is R&B, and many of the new artists in this category make amazing music. Notebook P is definitely one of the smaller artists on this list with 83,000 monthly listeners. But don’t let that affect your decision to listen to his music, because once you start listening, it is instantly addictive. I am so obsessed I don’t think I could pick a favorite song.

benson boone

Benson Boone was discovered through his American Idol audition where he sang “Punchline,” by Aidan Martin. He continued his musical career on TikTok, making sure to stay relevant and with the trends while also promoting his original music. And let me tell you, his music truly will touch your soul with his lyrics of sorrow and beautiful voice. My all-time favorite has been “In The Stars,” a 2022 single.

Nick Hall

I got hooked on Nick Hall‘s music with his 2022 single, “BETTER ALONE.” His music has been my top choice when I’m on AUX or in the car. I specifically like that his songs are shorter than the average three minutes and thirty seconds, allowing me to fully enjoy the whole song without losing interest.

I won’t lie, it is easy to stick to the music we are already comfortable with. But when you discover new artists and branch out of your comfort zone, you are bound to find a new artist that you love more than you already do.

Pranathi Natarajan is a junior at the University of Connecticut. As a Human Rights and Political Science double major, when she isn't reading, she is dancing, drinking coffee, and spending time with her friends and family.