This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s officially fall and that means it’s time to break out your flannel, boots, sweaters and your fall lip colors. Lipstick can really pull together your outfits this season. Here our some of the best shades for this fall:

Dark Purples

Purple is in this season. Take a risk and try out something different while it’s in style. Mac has a limited edition Mattene Lipstick that is matte but also has that glossiness that you need so your lips don’t get too dry.

(Top to Bottom: Own the Look, Heroine, Rebel)

Dark Reds & Browns

These colors will contrast great with your dark colored or brown boots. A dark red lip is a classic, but browns are something new and are a great pairing for the fall season.

(Top to Bottom: Birkin Brown, Copenhagen)

Nudes & Light Pinks

These colors offer a more natural look, and can be worn on an everyday basis. Pairing Mac lipsticks Brave and Faux with the lip pencil Soar looks stunning.

(Top to Bottom: Brave, Faux, Soar, Myth)

Henna Lipstick

Barry M Cosmetics came out with a Henna lipstick called Genie that works naturally and turns from green into a pink on your lips. This happens from the lipstick adapting to the Alkaline in your lips. Every person is different and the shade comes out unique to each individual.

These colors are a must to try out this fall. I highly recommend the Barry M Genie lipstick, it’s extremely unique and was written about by blogger Man Repeller.

Social Media Director for Her Campus UConn. I am a Communication major and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies minor at the University of Connecticut. Currently a PR Assitant for Mintz + Hoke.