This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Award season is officially upon us, with the 67th Emmy awards kicking it all off on Sunday evening. The star studded event brought in everyone from Jessica Lange to Lady Gaga to Matt LeBlanc, better known as Joey from Friends. Before the awards were won and the expensive champagne was drank, the stars strutted their stuff on the red carpet, managing to slay the fashion game even with temperatures in the high 90’s. What follows is the five best dressed beauties from this iconic night.

1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga, who is starring in this upcoming season of American Horror Story, stunned in chic black gown by Brandon Maxwell. Lady Gaga has worn everything from a meat dress to bubble wrap, but the elegance and simplicity of this look stole the show. 

2. Sofia Vergara

Modern Family‘s Sofia Vergara was a guaranteed showstopper in a gold curve hugging St. John dress. 

3. Laverne Cox

Orange is The New Black star and transgender advocate, Laverne Cox, rocked a simple yet beautiful blue Calvin Klein dress that showed off her envy-worthy toned arms. 

4. January Jones

Mad Men star, January Jones, took a fashion risk that most definitely paid off by wearing an emerald Ulyana Sergeenko jumpsuit, leaving the rest of us sitting on our couches in our PJ’s green with envy.

5. Ariel Winter

Ariel Winter, best known for her role on Modern Family, turned up the heat on the red carpet by channeling old Hollywood glam in a stunning red Romona Keveza mermaid gown.

Sam is a sophomore Psychology major at the University of Connecticut. She loves writing, working out, puppies, and all things Ryan Gosling.