The Best Art Accounts to Follow on Instagram Based on Your Art Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Everyone who knows me knows that I love art. There is not a single notebook that I own that does not have doodles in it (sorry, professors…I promise I am listening…), and my ideal day would include touring an art museum, or sitting outside using watercolors. I realized, however, that most people do not share my obsession with all things art, but many people do tend to enjoy Instagram. So I have complied a list of my favorite art accounts, all different in their styles, that I follow in the hopes that others will allow more art into their lives.

If you enjoy art that has a message: @positivelypresent

This is an account that I just found recently through Teen Vogue’s Instagram. Artist Dani DiPirro runs this account, and additionally has a website where she sells her work (link here: linktr.ee/positivelypresent). Her posts are of her art, which are a colorful array of uplifting messages that will absolutely make you smile. It’s the perfect account to follow for a daily dose of happiness, and also a great account to stalk on those days where one post is not going to be enough to curb those toxic feelings.

If you think the weirder the art, the better the art: @taxcollection

One of my art-loving friends showed me this account, and it has quickly become one of my absolute favorite art accounts that I follow. Each post is different, but they all share a similar ridiculous aesthetic that is just fun to have pop up on your feed everyday. The account also does a great job of advertising when one of the artists whose posts they like to share is having a gallery show, so if you are ever interested in seeing the art featured in the posts in person, you would definitely be able to!

If you enjoy the artistry behind tattoos: @evakrbdk

Tattoo artist Eva Krbdk is one of the many talented artists from the infamous New York City tattoo parlor, Bang Bang Tattoo (also a great account to follow: @bangbangnyc). Her Instagram is mainly her tattoos, but also sometimes she posts the drawings that inspire her tattoos, and other scenic shots. She has a really unique tattooing style, and tends to create scenes within shapes so each tattoo is like a small portrait. A great account to follow if you do not have money to spend on tattoos or are terrified of needles/commitment, because you get to see a new post everyday or so.

If you love photography: @humzadeas

I first found out about Humza Deas’ account when one of his photographs was featured on a New York Magazine front cover. Based in New York City, Deas’ photographs are nothing short of jaw dropping, both for the sheer incredible quality of the photographs, as well as for them typically featuring a daredevil viewpoint that makes you tense up out of fear and intrigue, as if you too are there in the moment the picture was taken.

If you like posing in front of murals and want to know where you can find more: @instagrafite

This is a cool account to view all things street art. The account appears to be run out of Sao Paulo, Brazil, (as per their bio statement as well as the majority of the pictures being art tagged in Brazil), but the account showcases work done from all over the world. The works that are shown on the account range from huge displays to cute little spray-painted drawings. So for the large majority of us that can’t travel the world looking at random art, this account makes it feel like you are everyday!

Bonus- If you consider fashion to be an art form: @liketoknow.it

This account is the perfect blend of an art account and a Pinterest board. Different influencers are posted wearing different outfits, and if you fancy that outfit and are so inclined to like the post on Instagram, the post will also save onto your newsfeed on your Like To Know It app (free in the App Store)! From there, you can either see more of that influencer’s account/outfits, or view the outfits that you have liked and click on the various aspects of the outfit, and instantly you will be linked to where you can buy it.

Best of luck in finding an art account that suites your tastes, collegiettes!