This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Halloween’s just around the corner and it’s time to start coming up with costumes! I am so excited, but my friends and I were completely stumped on what to wear. After some research, here’s my bet for the best costumes this year!

1. Cupid Couples Costume

I’m calling it right now, Cupid is going to be the hottest costume this fall. Everyone I know on campus is already buying this costume. It’s great for couples because one person can dress up as Cupid and the other can be the person “hit by Cupid’s arrow.” Or, it can also be a single’s costume if you just want to dress up as cupid and shoot your arrows all night long! 

How To Style: As Cupid, you can wear a red dress or a red top and skirt, and accessorize it with red or white wings. You’ll also need a bow and some arrows to complete the look! If you want to make it a couples costume, your partner can wear all white with a red heart over their chest or an outfit with hearts all over it. 

2. Winx Fairies

The Winx Fairies are a great group costume idea and are also going to be a super popular idea this year! A bunch of my friends are doing this idea and it’s super fun because it includes a lot of sparkles!! The Winx Fairies generally have five members, so if you have a group of four or five this would be an awesome idea! If you have more than five, you might want to try the Tinkerbell Fairies (idea #8!).

How To Style: The Winx wear monochrome fits of pink, red, orange, blue, and purple so you could use a crop top or bralette with a skirt. Make sure you also have fairy wings and some tall boots to complete the look!

still from Disney\'s Loki
Marvel Studios

3. Marvel-Inspired

Superhero costumes are a classic, and with all the new movies and shows that have come out in the past year, Marvel makes a great Halloween costume idea. Some ideas for costumes are Loki, Scarlet Witch (Wanda) and Vision, Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff), or Yelena Belova (Romanoff’s sister). 

How To Style: There are lots of options online to buy these costumes altogether. For Loki, his green suit and cape with golden horns are a classic. Dressing up as Wanda and Vision in their suits would be easy; for Wanda, you can wear a red bodysuit and pink tights with a red cape and horns. For Vision, you can wear green tights and a green long-sleeve with golden shorts and a golden cape. To be Natasha and Yelena, there are options for their suits online. But, you could also dress in all-black and all-white with boots to complete your look.

4. Olivia Rodrigo Good 4 You

There’s no doubt that Olivia Rodrigo has been big this year, and her cheerleading outfit from her “Good 4 You” video would be a fun twist on the classic cheerleader costume. It’s super in and very easy to style, so why not?! You can do this costume solo or you could get a whole cheerleading squad to back you up.

How To Style: You just need a blue cheerleading skirt and a simple blue and white cheerleading top. With some blue hair clips, white sneakers, and black gloves, you’re all set to go!

5. Bridgerton-Inspired

If you’re looking for the more extravagant route, Bridgerton is the way to go. There are so many options for characters, and you get to wear a pretty dress or suit all night long! This option may be more fun if you’re looking to go home from college or if you’re invited to a more professional Halloween party. It’s also easy to do by yourself, in a couple, or with a whole group!

How To Style: The outfits used for the actual show are on sale for very cheap, but honestly, any older-looking dress/suit from that time period would work. Since the characters wear several different outfits in the show, you can wear almost anything that fits the time period!

6. Outer Banks

Since season two came out this summer, Outer Banks would be a perfect Halloween idea! This would be so cute in a couple (as John B and Sarah Cameron) or in a larger group dressing up as all the characters. It’s super easy to style and you’ll be comfortable all night in that Pogue-style attire. 

How To Style: For Sarah Cameron, you could wear pretty much any cute top and jean shorts with flip flops, but her most notable outfits are either a red bikini top with a white button-down or a tan knitted top. For John B, any Pogue-looking button-down and tan shorts or jeans would work great.

evan mock thomas doherty emily alyn lind eli brown jordan alexander savannah smith zion moreno?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Karolina Wojtasik/HBO Max

7. Gossip Girl 2.0

Gossip Girl 2.0 came out this year and let me tell you, I’m obsessed. To dress up as this cast, I think it would work best if either two sisters did it together or a whole group of friends. The entire show is centered around sisters Julien and Zoya’s relationship, so dressing up as the two of them would be super cute. However, if you have more people, you might as well dress up as the whole group!

How To Style: The best way to style this would be using their school outfits that are on the poster of the show. This would include white tops, skirts, and boots for the girls with lots of accessories such as purses and jackets. For the boys, tan pants and white tops with a tie and either a suit jacket or sweatshirt would fit the style. 

8. Tinkerbell

And finally, the idea that I hope my friend group does this Halloween: Tinkerbell and her friends. Tinkerbell is such a popular idea right now because it’s super cute and I adding in her friends would make it even more fun. There are seven fairies total, but you could always add or take away a couple and nobody would know! This is a great idea if you have a larger group and want a really cute costume.

How To Style: Each fairy has its own color so each person would wear a monochrome fit. A bralette or a crop top with a tight skirt and fairy wings would be so cute. Remember to do your hair like the fairies, and use LOTS of glitter!!

Madison is a junior Physiology and Neurobiology major. When she's not writing for Her Campus she enjoys baking, reading, and volunteering with Alpha Omicron Pi.