The Bachelor Finale Recap: The Final Rose

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

From the dramatic entrances to the heart-wrenching good-bye’s, season 20 of the Bachelor proved to be nothing less than an emotional roller-coaster ride and the season finale threw us all for one final loop. Ben Higgins spent the week in paradise with the company of two girls he admitted to being in love with, but only one received the final rose. And trust me, Bachelor Nation, Chris Harrison was not lying when he said this was the most dramatic season finale ever.

Meeting the Parents…

While in Jamaica, JoJo and Lauren B. met Ben’s parents. Lauren B. met his parents first. She was calm, cool, and collected, and instantaneously won both of Ben’s parents over. JoJo, on the other hand, was nervous to meet his parents, but wore her heart on her sleeve. While Ben’s father approved of both women, his mother expressed her skepticism of Ben being in love with two different women. This, however, was only a taste of the trouble in paradise that Ben,and the women, were about to experience. 

The Final Date…

After meeting the parents, Ben took JoJo and Lauren B. on their last dates before the proposal. Lauren B. professed her love for Ben and admitted that she would not be able to picture a life without him. Although during his date with JoJo, Ben admitted to not only being in love with her, but having the same feelings towards Lauren B. as well, leaving Ben with a superfluous amount of confusion in both his head and his heart.

The Final Rose

So who went home with the final rose?  Shockingly, Ben sent JoJo home with an emotional good-bye. The internet went insane with Ben’s decision, especially after confessing so much to JoJo the night before. All we’re saying is Ben better be careful because JoJo’s brothers are not going to be happy. As for Lauren B., this was about to turn into the best day of her life. Once Lauren crossed the bridge to Ben,  he gave her a sweet speech then dropped to one knee and asked her to marry him. He also asked her if she would accept the final rose, and she did. 

Life After the Final Rose/ Bachelorette​

Following the finale was Life After the Final Rose in which Ben was reunited with JoJo.  She emanated that confronting-her-ex-confidence that every girl wishes she had. Even though all of our hearts broke a little alongside JoJo, there is still hope. JoJo was revealed to be the next Bachelorette this summer, putting an end to all of the rumors that Caila was to be the next bachelorette. Now she will have a second chance at finding true love, and be able to get over Ben once and for all. As for the happy couple, it seems that the trouble in paradise is over, and their love is strong as ever.

~

Did you agree with Ben’s choice? Tweet us your thoughts @UConnHC!

Thumbnail Image Source