Anna Kallenborn ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Our campus celebrity this week is Anna Kallenborn, captain of the club tennis team at UConn. 

Year: Senior

Major: International Business

Hometown: Westport, CT

HC: What’s your favorite part about being involved with the tennis club at UConn?

AK: Having the opportunity to mange, coordinate and organize, in order to make it possible for thirty people to play on the tennis team.

HC: How has your role as club president affected you? 

AK: It’s taught me a lot about the importance of good communication, organization and ensuring that everyone gets what they want out of being part of the team.

HC: What other activities are you involved in?

AK: I am in Delta Sigma Pi, the coed business fraternity at UConn, as well as Guard Dogs, a program that provides safe rides for students. I play intramural soccer, football and water polo, and am training for the St. Louis Marathon in April. I’m currently a global wealth management intern at Merrill Lynch in Hartford, and studied abroad sophomore year in Alicante, Spain and in New Zealand this past winter.

HC: What’s something you’ll miss about the tennis team upon graduating?

AK: Beside playing tennis on a regular basis, I’ll miss being on a team, and traveling with the people I’ve met and have gotten to know to places throughout New England, even to Arizona last year for Nationals.

HC: Any plans after graduation?

AK: I’d like to travel a bit, and then I’ll be working full-time as a systems integration analyst for Accenture.

HC: What’s something you recommend to students as a senior?

AK: Try to get involved in as many clubs and activities as possible, because you’ll never know what you like until you try different things.

Bridget is a senior at the University of Connecticut majoring in journalism and anthropology. Between interning at The Hartford Courant/Fox CT and a nonprofit education agency during the week, she manages a website she founded about cooking quick, healthy meals for college students, and writes for Examiner.com about creating low-budget meals. She is a campus rep for BaubleBar jewelry, and served as a peer mentor to freshmen this year. Bridget studied abroad in London, and interned at a lifestyle magazine over the summer in Shanghai, China. Her free time is dedicated to scouring the Internet for discount designer shoes and following UConn and Boston sports. She's training for a half marathon this spring, which (at times) justifies her weakness for mint chocolate chip ice cream. She hopes to see every inch of the world someday, and maybe write about it too.