Alpha Chi Omega Illuminates Fairfield Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

On Tuesday, October 27, the Kappa Tau chapter of Alpha Chi Omega hosted their first Luminary Walk, held on Fairfield Way. The purpose of the event was to bring awareness to domestic violence. Their national philanthropy is Domestic Violence Awareness, Prevention, and Education.

Passerby’s could write a message on a paper bag about what love actually is. There were also signs that you could take pictures with to show your support for the cause. Candles were placed in the bags and lined Fairfield Way. People could also indulge in donuts and hot chocolate provided by the organization. 

Her Campus UConn members Anna Genes (left) and Melisa Cardona (right), members of Alpha Chi Omega, came out to show their support.

Keyanna is a senior Journalism major, Women Gender & Sexuality Studies minor at UConn. She loves reading and writing just as much as she loves sleeping in! She has no clue what she wants to do when she graduates, but she has a while to figure it out.