9 things to do that will almost make you happy you stayed home for spring break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

1. Catch Up on Sleep

It’s been a tough semester. Go to sleep early, sleep in late, take naps; you deserve it.

2. Start a New Netflix Series

A spring break with nothing to do is the perfect time to binge watch that show you’ve been dying to start all semester.

3. Take a Road Trip

Pile all your friends, that also stayed home for spring break, into your car and go for drive! Even if that means just driving a few towns over for lunch.

4. Bake

Learn to bake your favorite dessert! Your roommates will be more than thankful when you return to campus with newly acquired baking skills.

5. Try Something New

Whether it’s getting your ears pierced or signing up for a kickboxing class, there’s something you’ve always wanted to do. For one week, there’s no class, no deadlines, and no responsibly- do something for yourself.

6. Hangout with Your Siblings

Believe it or not, your siblings have exciting things of their own going on. Ask them questions, tell them about the class you love, walk the dog together. You’ll be surprised how much this will mean to you.

7. Go to the Movies

Make sure you get extra butter on your popcorn.

8. Watch the Sun Set

Grab some coffee, go to your favorite spot in town, and enjoy what nature has to offer.

9. Go to the Gym

Pinterest has hundreds of step-by-step workouts that will make you actually want to go to the gym. Try a few until you find one that works best for you. By the time you go back to school, you’ll have a routine you’re comfortable with.