8 Things Transfer Students Can Look Forward to This School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Sophomore Sara Goldman is ready to take the UConn campus by storm. As a recent transfer from Nichols college, Sara is getting involved, learning the bus system, and hoping to try every ice cream flavor from the Dairy Bar. Like many transfer students, Sara was nervous to start at a new and much larger school, but after two weeks of classes, she’s ready to share some things that she and every transfer student can look forward to this school year.

1. HuskyTHON

“Everyone has been talking about it and how much fun it is.  I look forward to getting involved and dancing for such a great cause.”

2. Joining Clubs and Organizations

“I signed up for a bunch of fun clubs that seem interesting to me academically and socially. I can’t wait to meet new people and become more involved around campus.”

3. Being in a Sorority

“As a new member of Alpha Phi, I look forward to getting to know all my sisters and all about the sorority. I’m excited to participate in every event Alpha Phi hosts, including local community service and raising money for cardiac care research.”

4. Trying Food From Local Resturants

“There are so many places on and off campus that have food I’m dying to try. My friends keep recommending Insomnia Cookies and D.P. Dough!”

5. Showing School Spirit

“There is husky pride everywhere! Whether you’re wearing apparel or cheering in the crowd, its a great environment to be in. I’ve never seen anything like it.”

6. Spending time in the Student Union

“Alone or with a friend, I enjoy having a place that I can go to study or grab a bite to eat. There are various options to eat from and I always see someone I know!”

7. Supporting Our Sports Teams

“I love going to sporting events. I’m excited to use my season tickets and support our students while showing off UConn spirit with friends!”

8. Family Weekend

“I look forward to seeing my family after being away for a few weeks! I can’t wait for them to restock my fridge and bring snacks. I also can’t wait to meet my friends’ parents and siblings.”

HC UConn wishes Sara and all new Husky transfer students a smooth transition into our awesome school!