This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The holidays are coming up and if you’re like me, you always wait until the last minute to send your mom your wish list. This year is different though. I made a concise eight-item list that encapsulates everything a girl could want for the upcoming winter season. From cozy clothing to fun accessories, here is a list of everything I’m asking for this Christmas.

matching pj set

Who said pajamas have to be a big T-shirt and sweatpants (although I love this option as well)? However, there’s nothing like cute, cozy matching pajamas that will make you eager to hop in bed on a chilly winter night. Not only is a matching pajama set super cute, but it’ll make you feel put together before bed and help you ease into your nighttime routine.

chunky sweaters

This is an item I include on my Christmas list every single year. In my opinion, you could never have enough comfy, cozy sweaters in your wardrobe. Sweaters are so versatile which I love. You could dress these down with leggings and sneakers, or dress them up with jeans, a scarf, and boots. I recommend Abercrombie, Zara, or Garage to name a few of my favorites.

UGgs

Like sweaters, I never fail to ask for a pair of Uggs every Christmas. They’re adorable and easy to slip on for an easy, cozy outfit. This year, I’m asking for the Tasman slippers!

Planner/journal

After Christmas, comes New Years! A planner is the perfect way to ring in the New Year and write out whatever you have coming up in your schedule. I love using my planner and would recommend one to anyone who wants to feel more put together and organized for the new year.

Phone case

A phone case can act as a cute accessory to any outfit and comes in so many different colors and designs! Here is a case I’m obsessed with right now.

water bottle

I don’t know about you, but I usually get a new water bottle once a year or so. Either the straw gets gross, or it starts to smell weird, so water bottles should be replaced every so often. Obviously, Stanley’s are the trend right now, but I’m perfectly content with my Amazon or Target off-brand bottle.

headphones

I have been loving the look of headphones lately. Whether they’re being worn at the gym or just on a casual walk to class, they’re a great way to listen to music and look cute at the same time. Also, headphones are noise cancelling which makes them even more practical for everyday use, especially when you want to just escape into your own world and listen to music or a podcast.

Gift cards

If none of these ideas sound appealing to you, you can never go wrong with a gift card! From Starbucks, to Zara, to Sephora, with a gift card, you avoid any potential disappointment and you can get exactly what you want this Christmas.

All in all, these are a few things I’m asking for this Christmas and hopefully this will help you with your wish list! Remember, these aren’t just ideas for what to put on your Christmas list, but also ideas for what to give your loved ones this year! Above all else, the holidays are about spending time with your loved ones and gifts are just an additional exciting component of that.

Shaina Julis

U Conn '25

Shaina is a sophomore Communications major. When she's not busy with class, she loves baking, cycle classes, and going to the beach, in her free time.