8 Hilarious Women You Need to Follow on Twitter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Twitter has millions of users, and yet sometimes it can feel like your news feed is seriously lacking. I personally pride myself on my ability to waste massive amounts of time mindlessly scrolling through social media, and that can be hard if you’re not following enough entertaining people.

It’s not surprising that Twitter is full of funny and talented women, so if you’re looking to spice up your timeline, check out these hilarious women that you need to follow like, yesterday.  

Megan Amram

Twitter handle: @MeganAmram

Who is she? She’s written for numerous TV shows, like Parks and Recreation (#goals), and is the author of a parody textbook called Science…For Her!

Why you should follow her: Her tweets are hilariously absurd and full of puns and dark humor. Also I’m pretty sure she’s a genius. 

Julieanne Smolinsky

Twitter handle: @boobsradley

Who is she? She’s a writer for GQ Magazine and xoJane, as well as for television shows like Sirens and Grace and Frankie

Why you should follow her: While her tweets are often very random and specific, they’ll always leave you laughing and saying, “How did she even think of that? But also, same.”

Alexandra Petri

Twitter handle@petridishes

Who is she? She’s a blogger and columnist for the Washington Post, and author of a new book called A Feild Guide to Awkward Silences. Also, fun fact: She and Megan Amram were roomates at Harvard.

Why you should follow her: Not only is she incredibly smart and a talented writer, her Twitter commentary on current events is always unique and on-point. 

Tess Koman

Twitter handle: @tessie_the_mess

Who is she? The associate editor for Cosmopolitan.com

Why you should follow her: Other than the fact that she is literal #jobgoals, her tweets are funny and incredibly relatable. 

Anna Kendrick

Twitter handle: @AnnaKendrick47

Who is she? You probably recognize her from Pitch Perfect and the Twilight movies, but she’s also starred in countless other movies and Broadway productions in her career. She’s also the author of a new book called Scrappy Little Nobody.

Why you should follow her: Not only is she a successful and talented singer and actress, but her Twitter proves she’s also funny and down-to-earth. So basically, she’s flawless.

Carina Hseih

Twitter handle: @carinahseih

Who is she? The assistant editor for Cosmopolitan on Snapchat Discover

Why you should follow her: Her Twitter is full of funny personal anecdotes and puns, so her personality really shows through and makes her tweets entertaining and relatable.

Sarah Beattie

Twitter handle: @nachosarah

Who is she? She’s a comedy writer and a Saturday Night Live contributor.

Why you should follow her: Her tweets are dark and often inappropriate, but she’s incredibly witty and real. 

Lauren Mcguire

Twitter handle: @imlaurenmcguire

Who is she? She’s written for the Emmys, and TV shows like Comedy Bang! Bang! on IFC and Party Over Here! on FOX.

Why you should follow her: She tweets witty one-liners and jokes that are socially and politically relevant.

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter too at @UConnHC!

Cover Image Source