7 Reasons to Replace Your Boyfriend with the Boyfriend Pillow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Did Valentine’s with your boyfriend end on a bad note?  Are the two of you on your way to splits-ville?  If so, there is a solution; it’s the Boyfriend Pillow.  For those of you who are still in the dark, a Boyfriend Pillow is much like any other ordinary pillow, except it has a gigantic arm attached to it.  This pillow can literally cuddle you at night.  Forget about your bothersome boyfriend because this pillow is the start of the single girl’s revolution.

To many of you, this may seem sort of odd.  Maybe some of you think it is even a little creepy, but that’s only because you haven’t yet experienced the joy of owning one of these wonderful things.  However weird you think it is, you cannot deny its practicality. Cuddling is one of our most basic human needs. Why should all the single ladies be at a disadvantage?  What began as a gag Christmas gift months ago has evolved into a love unlike any other. Now before you shoot down the idea and say that there’s no way a Boyfriend Pillow can beat out having a real boyfriend, just think about these possibilities.

1.  Plan a date night, any night

Being free during the week when your boyfriend isn’t is extremely inconvenient.  Ditch the constant time-conflicts for the man you know will always be there at your beck and call; your Boyfriend Pillow.

2.  What a man wears says a lot about him

Do you love your man, but hate his wardrobe?  Trust me, you are not alone.  How guys think that hoodies and shorts is an acceptable ensemble for every day of the year doesn’t make sense. Rest assured that your Boyfriend Pillow will never let you down when it comes to his fashion choices.  No other piece of clothing screams sophisti-sexy quite like a button-down shirt, and he wears one every single day.

3.  He won’t talk through your favorite show

The scene is set: you and your main man are cuddled up in front of the TV with a bowl of popcorn, but as soon as the show starts he starts talking. Sound familiar? You’ll never have to “shush” your dude again with the Boyfriend Pillow.  

4.  He’s always down for a ‘girl’s night’

Who says guys aren’t into chick flicks, mani-pedis and gossip? Well, maybe not the guys you know, but the Boyfriend Pillow would be up for any girly activity you can think of, as long as he gets to spend time with you and put his arm around you.

5.  You’ll never argue again

Communication (or rather miscommunication) is a real problem for many relationships. But since a pillow can’t talk, it can’t argue with you. That’s the real beauty of the Boyfriend Pillow. Never stress about a fight again. That weight off your shoulders feels nice, doesn’t it?

6.  He’s a great listener

This man is all ears. Actually, he doesn’t have ears…or a head…but he’s there to listen anyway. Tell him your troubles and your Boyfriend Pillow will always offer his silent support. If silence is golden, give this man a gold medal.

7.  He gives the best hugs

What do we really look for in a man, ladies? Good looks and brains? Wit and charm? WRONG! We really want a man who gives great hugs, and the Boyfriend Pillow is the perfect man for the job. Don’t let the fact that he has one arm fool you, he gives some of the best hugs around.