7 Male Halloween Costumes that are Major Red Flags

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s that time of the year again, collegiettes! Halloween is right around the corner, which means we’re all still scrambling for the perfect costume ideas. 

For all the single ladies who will be skipping the couple costume this year, pay close attention to the what that hottie at the bar is wearing- it may tell you more about him than you think.

Here’s our list of male costumes that are major red flags. If you see a guy wearing one of these this Halloween, run.    

Donald Trump

Whether he’s being ironic or is using Halloween as an excuse to broadcast his political opinion, you should definitely steer clear of any Trump look-alikes you see. There’s nothing funny about a presidential candidate with countless allegations of sexual assault and harassment against him. In fact it’s pretty terrifying.

Clown

After UConn’s clown scare a few weeks ago, I think we can all agree that clowns are not something to joke about. But let’s be honest, dressing up as a clown was not okay before, and it definitely never will be now.

Anything that stereotypes a race/ethnicity/religion that they are not a part of

This one should go without saying, but you’d be surprised at how many completely offensive costumes are out there. Halloween is NOT an excuse to be a racist, and you shouldn’t waste your time with a guy who doesn’t get that. 

Harambe

Is this meme not over yet? I know I can’t be the only one who’s bored of seeing this joke everywhere. There’s no doubt that there will be at least one guy dressed as Harambe at every party you go to, but someone should probably tell them that it really isn’t as funny as they think. And no, nothing of ours will be out for you, thanks. 

Abusive athletes

If he thinks domestic violence is funny then we’ve got bigger problems than just a Halloween costume. If this isn’t a massive deal breaker then I don’t know what is.

If he sexualizes something that really shouldn’t be

Maybe he thinks someone really will flash him if he holds a sign all night telling you to. Maybe he thinks that you’ll actually be into his weird sexual innuendos. Either way, does he really think it’s that easy?

No costume at all

Is this some kind of political statement? Does he hate Halloween or is he just really uncreative? Either way, hard pass.

Cover Image Source