6 Ways To Get Ready For HuskyTHON

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.
HuskyTHON is UCONN’s own 18 hour dance marathon that is totally FTK! That’s “For the Kids,” and the philanthropy goes towards the Connecticut Medical Children’s Hospital. Here are 6 ways to get ready for a night of HuskyTHON.

1. Fundraise!

The only way to be able to participate at HuskyTHON is to raise $100 by February 15. So put on your game face on and raise that money!

2. Gather up your theme clothes

Theme clothes are a fun way to get an even better experience at HuskyTHON.  Have fun with it! It’s for the kids.

Here’s this year’s:

• 7:00pm-9:00pm: Husky Pride
  • 9:00pm-11:00pm: Decades
  • 11:00pm-1:00am: PJs
  • 1:00am-3:00am: Rave
  • 3:00am-5:00am: Rep your HuskyTHON team
  • 5:00am-7:00am: Superheros
  • 7:00am-9:00am: Dress as your favorite holiday
  • 9:00am-11:00am: Dress as what you want to be (when you grow up)
  • 11:00am-12:00pm: FTK and Miracle wear (aka HuskyTHON shirts)

3. Dance (a little)

You’ll be dancing for 18-hours. Get some prep in by dancing during the weeks leading up to HuskyTHON. For one, you will feel more ready to dance for 18-hours and two, you will be able to perfect those moves of yours.

4. Bring water!

This is a dance marathon. You are going to need to stay hydrated so grab that cute water bottle of yours. It’s no fun to be dehydrated so drink at least a water bottle full an hour. Your body will thank you!

5. Grab your comfy clothes

This is not the time to be worrying about how you look. Dancing for a long time, you’re going to want to be in clothes that let you move. Now get those yoga pants and UConn shirt on and dance for the kids!

6. Put on those running shoes

Get your best pair of Nikes on! You’ll be on your feet for 18-hours so to keep your feet happy by making sure your shoes are comfortable with lots of support. Otherwise, you’ll spend the rest of the week soaking your feet and regretting not wearing good shoes.

Sandy Mueller is freshman Human Development and Psychology double major with an emphasis in Pre-Med at the University of Connecticut. Her hope is to become a pediatrician. She loves writing and designing for the Daily Campus, UConn's student newspaper as well as contributing to the Her Campus UConn. She is from San Diego, CA. She's got a huge family. She has two sisters who are 23 and 31. Her parents are both scientists. She has loving friends who are very supportive. She is obsessed with music, art, and literature. She plays piano, draws, paints, volunteers, cooks, hikes, swims, and runs. One of her favorite things to do is ice skate in the winter when the ground is covered in a blanket of snow. She could also spend most of her day curled up with a book and a steamy cup of tea. You can read her blog at http://wondersdreamslove.blogspot.com/ and follow her on Twitter @SandraAnneM!