6 Reasons I’m So Glad I’m Not A Man

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

March is Women’s History Month, also known as the one month a year we have to celebrate women. (During the other eleven, we celebrate men.) And so during this very limited time, I did a little bit of personal reflecting on all the reasons why I’m so happy I’m not a man, even if they get eleven months and we get one. Please read on for my six reasons, which are clearly 100% serious and should not be taken as a joke…

1. Being able to smile in group pictures

Why is it that when guys take pictures together, none of them can muster up a smile? Like, what’s got you down in the dumps? Lighten up buttercup and give us a little smile!

post grad successes?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION / THE CW

2. Going out, complimenting a girl on her outfit, and then becoming best friends right after

A shared experience by many that needs no further explanation. It’s the little wholesome moments like these that make me so happy I’m a girl because I know guys don’t bond with each other like that…

3. Claw clips

Not only are they possibly the coolest and most functional hair accessories ever, but almost every guy is strangely intrigued by claw clips. And while I might not be able to understand the reason as to exactly why, I can at least wear one in my hair (not that guys can’t; I’d really love to see it to be honest).

4. The way our cycles align with our friends

Imagine being so close with your best friends that even Mother Nature knows it. That’s part of the reality of being a girl.

5. When you ask a girl for a tampon and she just about does everything in her power to get you one

We look out for one another like that. Ask any girl for a pad or tampon and she’s got your back. And if she doesn’t have one on her, she’ll scour the premise just to find one for you.

6. I’d survive the sinking of the Titanic

Last but not least, I think about this one a lot. Women and children first! xoxo

Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf Shopping?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
The CW
Nell Komorowski is a sophomore here at UConn majoring in Communications and Media studies. In her free time, she loves listening to music, going on walks, and making ridiculously specific Pinterest boards.