6 Fashion-Forward Ways to Tie Your Scarf

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Scarves are an essential part of any winter wardrobe, but sometimes they can look a bit drab.  With these six scarf-styling techniques, you’ll be looking fab and fashion-forward in no time.

Cowl-Neck Knot

HOW TO DO IT:

“Start with the scarf draped around your neck with one end shorter than the other (this works best with a rectangular scarf). Wrap it once around your neck. Tie it in a knot. Pull the wrapped portion of the scarf up and over so it hides the knot.”

Courtesy of People.com

The Muffler

HOW TO DO IT:

“Drape the scarf around your neck so the longest end hangs over your shoulder. Wrap the long end loosely around your neck a few times, depending on how long your scarf is. Tie the two ends together on your shoulder. Make another knot if the ends are too long.”

Courtesy of Good Housekeeping

The Figure 8

The Loop with Boyfriend Tie

HOW TO DO IT:

“Loop the scarf around your neck once.  Make sure one end is longer than the other (the longer side will be the one to create the knot). Bring the longer end behind and then over the shorter end to create a makeshift loop. Feed the longer end up and into this loop to form a knot. tighten the knot and push up (like a tie).”

Courtesy of InStyle

Half Tied Blanket Scarf

HOW TO DO IT:

“1). Start out with your triangle grasped with both hands in front of you (don’t worry if it’s twisted, it will add to the look). 2). With the scarf in front of your neck, rap it around once so that both ends now hang in front on either side. 3).  Grasp the ends and tighten so that they are long and easy to tie. 4-6). Cross the ends and pull one end under and through the loop (like you’re tying your shoes). 7). Let the ends flop down and loosen the part around your neck a little, and arrange the scarf so that the ends dangle evenly (or unevenly if you prefer). Sometimes, I don’t loosen the part around my neck too much because I want a little space between the top and bottom part of the scarf, like in picture 6.”

Courtesy of Classy Sassy Blog

Infinity Blanket Scarf

HOW TO DO IT:

“Start with it folded diagonally, then bunch the entire scarf up to make it thinner. Place behind your neck, then cross the ends and wrap behind your neck.  Tie in a double knot at the back of your neck. Tuck the knot inside.  Also, I think your hair looks best mostly tucked into the scarf for this style.”

Courtesy of Merrick’s Art

Cover Image Source