This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Picture this: it’s a Sunday afternoon after a long week full of studying and meetings. You just made your favorite type of coffee and are sitting cuddled under a blanket with a book in your lap. You have zero worries in the world and are able to take time away from the computer screen and completely unwind. Sounds pretty perfect, right? Here are six stories to help you make this dream a reality!

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith 

An underrated classic, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn takes place in Williamsburg in the 1940s. It follows a young girl as she grows up in the borough and starts to see the world change in front of her as she moves towards her. This is a story that will make you think for a while after you finish, and is so worth the read. 

The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang

If you are looking for a cute romance, look no further. The Kiss Quotient is about a statistician named Stella who knows nothing about dating. To solve her problem she decides to hire a professional to show her the ropes. You can probably guess what happens from there, but this book is absolutely addicting and one you can finish in one sitting. 

Anna K by Jenny Lee

For anyone absolutely obsessed with shows like Gossip Girl, Anna K is the perfect book to pick up. Following New York City elite prep school students, it is full of all the extravagant parties and experiences that most teenagers could never imagine. Based on Tolstoy’s classic, this book is unbelievably entertaining. 

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Fangirl is a story a lot of college students can relate to. The main character, Cath, is starting her freshman year and struggles a lot with all the changes. She does, however, meet a boy and things start to look a little better. For anyone feeling lost in their first semester, this is a great book to remind you that college is not always easy and that things will always get better. 

Americannah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche 

A little different from the other stories on this list, Americannah is the story of a Nigerian woman’s experience moving to the United States for college. Especially with current events, this is such an important story for everyone to read and there is something everyone can learn from the main character’s experiences. 

The Diviners by Libba Bray 

For those who love a bit of a spooky vibe for the fall season, The Diviners is such a great book. Taking place in NYC in the 1920s, it follows a set of teens who have supernatural abilities of sorts and are trying to figure out the series of murders that are occurring around them. You will fly through this book, and may even get a little scared!

Emma is in her second year at UCONN and studying Human Rights and Political Science. She loves anything that includes a warm oat milk latte and a good book.