This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Have you ever looked at your closet and wished you had more exciting pieces? For me, there have definitely been times when I’m sick of wearing the same basics over and over again. If you’re looking for something to spice up your closet, this list is perfect for you! Crocheted clothing has been gaining popularity recently, and there are so many different options to choose from, so you can find anything to fit your style.

Fun fact: every crochet fabric you see is handmade because machines can’t copy the pattern. This means that every single piece is totally unique, and you won’t only be getting a cool new item for your closet, but you’ll also be supporting slow, sustainable fashion. Although these items can be on the pricier side, it’s worth it! So if you want to support a small business and find your new favorite thing in your wardrobe, keep reading.

@makenaurgf

UR GF has so many different pieces, ranging from beanies, to sweaters, to skirts, and more! The colorful pieces add a perfect edge and flair to your closet that are bound to make your outfit stand out. With so many different textures and styled offered, you’re guaranteed to find something you love.

@SPICIEBRAND

Spicie has the most incredible pieces, and I’ve never seen the styles they have anywhere else. From balaclavas to leg warmers, Spicie is the place where you can find trendy items with an extra special twist.

@_immadeofmagic

This small shop creates the most beautiful clothes, and is actually one of the shops that inspired me to start crocheting myself! Unlike the edgier shops I mentioned before, this one has a girlier and sweeter style, with items like flowered bikinis and candy inspired tops like the one above.

@mascheradigelso

This shop based out of Italy focuses on tops and sweaters, all totally different from each other and just absolutely gorgeous. My personal favorite from here is this spider web top— the idea is so cool and looks so abstract! If more oversized sweaters are your thing, check out their Instagram to see more of those options.

@crochetk0va

This shop not only has so many tops to pick from, but it also does custom orders! There are also a few pairs of crochet earrings on their Depop that are absolutely adorable and something I don’t see often. You can find something here no matter what your style is.

I hope you were able to find something you love from these businesses! Remember to be mindful of where you shop, and try to buy from handmade or sustainable shops like these. Even if you weren’t able to purchase something, getting unique fashion inspiration is always a plus!

Sophia is a junior Communications major at the University of Connecticut. She loves fashion, beauty, and wellness.