5 New Singles You Should Be Listening To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

1. “Fake Love” – Drake

Drake recently kicked off his 30th birthday the way one could only expect: by releasing new music. His new song “Fake Love” is certainly grabbing everyone’s attention with its catchy beat and clever lyrics, hinting at what many believe to be his short-lived but high-profile relationship with Rihanna. They were meant for each other…okay?

2. “24K Magic” – Bruno Mars

Bruno Mars is back with another jam (Uptown Funk, anyone?). This fun, upbeat tune makes you want to get up, dance, and “put your pinky rings up to the moon.” You’ll definitely be hearing this one at the next party you go to.

3. “Perfect Illusion” – Lady Gaga

If you haven’t heard about Lady Gaga’s new album yet you’ve either been living under a rock or buried under midterm study guides. The first single released off of Joanne is called “Perfect Illusion” and, like Drake, many speculate it’s about her recent breakup with fiancé Taylor Kinney. Regardless of what it’s about, it’s an absolute bop.

4. “All Night” – The Vamps

You may not have heard of The Vamps for a while now. The British boy band got their start in 2012, posting covers of popular songs on YouTube. Gaining some success, they then went on to support artists such as Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, and Austin Mahone on tour. They’ve laid pretty low since then, but their newest track “All Night” featuring Matoma has hit it pretty big. With it’s electro-feel, chorus-backed vocals and thought-provoking lyrics, this song lets people know that they should keep their eyes on The Vamps.

5. “Shout Out to My Ex” – Little Mix

The newest track from our favorite British ladies is a confident, pop-fueled, heartbreak anthem. With certain key lyrics and symbolic imagery from the music video, it’s pretty obvious that while all the girls drew from their own experiences to write the song, the biggest influence was the highly publicized breakup between Little Mix frontwoman Perrie Edwards and former One Direction member Zayn Malik. While certainly a dis track, the song is mostly about bouncing back from heartache and showing your ex how much better you are without them. 

Enjoy all that new studying music collegiettes! 

Header Image Source