This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

This summer there are some great trends to check out and experiment with for yourself. School’s out, so get adventurous and try some of these looks.

1.     Off-the-shoulder tops

Looking for a fashionable and chic way to stay cool this summer? Expose your shoulders! Off-the-shoulder tops are so versatile because you can pair them with a skirt, shorts or jeans to change up your look from a basic t-shirt or sweater. It looks very sexy, yet you can balance it out with a longer skirt to create a more sophisticated look. You can also go for a more bohemian, care-free top for the days when you want to embrace your inner Vanessa Hudgens.

2.     High-neck bikini tops

This cute bikini look is definitely becoming more popular – not only does it protect your chest from the harsh sun, it’s also super fashionable. There are so many different styles out there with this type of top, so it allows you to mix and match easily. It is also very convenient, allowing you to easily pair it with high-waisted shorts or a maxi skirt if you are on-the-go from the beach. 

3.     Strappy sandals

Similar to the gladiator, strappy sandals are a hot-look this summer for all types of shoes: heels, flats, flat-sandals, and wedges. You can control the ties to go as high up or low as you want, and they go with almost any outfit, making these versatile shoes a worthwhile investment. 

4.     The return of the 90’s

Between fanny-packs, shirts tied around our waists, high-waisted “mom” jeans, overalls, circular glasses, and chokers, it is no secret that 90’s style has made a comeback. It is a little more contemporary but super cute and easy to incorporate in your everyday look. For an easy way to try out this look, wear a bold, berry lip, crop-top, and half-up, half-down hairstyles. 

5.     Midi dresses

Midi dresses and skirts bring the hem down much lower than before and allow you to find cute crop-tops to pair them with to make the look your own. The dresses go really well with simple strappy heels or even sneakers such as Vans or Converse. It is a very wearable trend that you can easily incorporate into your wardrobe with many shirts or accessories that you already own. You can also find casual midi dresses for class or more formal looking ones for parties and events. Midis are great because they come in both form-fitting and flowy styles- leaving you free to choose depending on what mood you are in that day or which you like best.

Play around with some looks and tag @HerCampusUConn on Instagram to let us know which are your favorites!