5 Candles That Will Help Get You Ready for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Autumn is probably the most aesthetically pleasing season on campus. The leaves are finally starting to change from green to orange and those students who aren’t lucky enough to live in air-conditioning are no longer constantly covered in a layer of sweat. While I am the first to admit that I love summer, there is one thing that never fails to make me crave the cold weather: Candles.

From various mixtures of pumpkin to blends of cinnamon, fall-themed candles never fail to make a home (or dorm room!) feel extremely cozy. So, I put together a list of my top five favorite scents (that are all available from Yankee Candle as EasyMelt wax scents or in the American Home Collection) that will make you want to throw on a flannel and curl up with a pumpkin spice latte.

5. Honey Crisp Apple Cider

The combination of apple and honey makes it the perfect scent for that awkward, inbetween season where you’re ready for fall, but Mother Nature hasn’t made up her mind yet. Basically, it’s perfect for late September to mid-October.

4. Macintosh

For those of us who haven’t had an opportunity to do some of the fall-est activities, like apple picking, this candle will ensure that you don’t feel left out when your roommate comes back with apple cider doughnuts and a bag of freshly picked apples.

3. Home Sweet Home

My sister absolutely adores this scent and uses it year-round in her room, but I prefer to use it in the colder months. Cinnamon is definitely the strongest aroma in this candle, making the entire room feel warm and cozy.

2. Spiced Pumpkin

My personal favorite candle of autumn, Spiced Pumpkin is the traditional “fall candle.” Back in high school, I would always put the vent clip of this in my car, in addition to having the full sized candle in my room, because I constantly wanted to be surrounded by the amazing blend of pumpkin and cinnamon. 10/10, highly recommend.

1. Autumn Wreath

The ultimate fall candle. If you were to think about what autumn smells like, it’s this scent. I could (and almost did) stand in Yankee Candle for hours just smelling this one. If you’re unsure of what kind of fall candle you want to get, I would definitely recommend starting here.

Happy fall, collegiettes! 

Cover Image Source

Kathryn is a junior undergraduate at the University of Connecticut, studying Communication with a minor in Marketing. She holds the position of Twitter chair for her chapter's Twitter account.