4 Reasons You Should Be Watching the Netflix Series, ‘The Fall’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

I’m pretty sure we all can agree on the bittersweet feeling we get when we finish a television series. We’re happy we got through yet another amazing TV show, but at the same time, we’re sad to see it come to an end. Well collegiates, lucky for you, I just watched an extremely amazing Netflix original show called, The Fall, and I just know that you’ll all love it as much as I did. Here are four reasons why you should be watching the Netflix series The Fall, right now.

1. JAMIE DORNAN

Christian Grey is back! Well … technically he was on this show before being casted for Fifty Shades of Grey, but it’s amazing to see him as a whole other character. Dornan’s character, Paul Spector, is not like Christian Grey at all, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any shirtless scenes. This character is even more twisted than Mr. Grey, and Jamie was perfectly casted for the role. In this show, I had a newfound appretiation for Dornan as an actor. 

2. It gets your heart racing.

The Fall follows two lives, Paul Spector, who is a serial killer, and Stella Gibson, the police officer who is assigned to find the serial killer. What I like to compare it to is a three-season long Law & Order: SVU episode. It is full of so much angst and you are constantly wondering if Paul will ever get caught. It is amazing to see the perspective of not only the police officer who is trying to find this killer, but also to see it from the perspective of the serial killer as well. I definitely don’t recommend watching this alone or at night if you’re a scaredy-cat like I am.

3. The Accents

This show is set in Northern Ireland, so there are accents, which if you’re as obsessed with accents as I am, then you’re going to love this. I also think it makes a show even more interesting when the storyline is set in a place with which you are not that familiar.

4. It’s short and sweet.

I know that being a college student can be time consuming from tests to social life, and sometimes you just don’t have the time for a show with 13 seasons. The best thing about The Fall is that it’s only three seasons, with five-to-six episodes in each season and each episode’s an hour long. Also, don’t worry about it having a horrible ending. Without spoiling it, I can tell you that the ending is shocking, but at the same time, makes perfect sense. I can happily say that I think this was the first time that I was completely satisfied with the ending of a series. 

So get to watching! This is a show that you don’t want to miss.

Cover Image Source

Sade is currently a senior at UConn, and is enrolled as a Human Development and Family Studies major. Sade enjoys binge-watching youtube videos, doing her makeup, and people who get her name right the first time meeting her (shah-day). Sade hopes to go into early education, preferably into teaching at a head start or birth-to-three center.