15 (Un-Scientifically Proven) Facts We Know are 100% True

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

I asked the ladies of HC UConn to help me put together a list of facts we know are true, no studying required.  Here are a few things that we can count on happening 100% of the time.

If you’re running late, there is a 100% chance you’ll get stuck behind a slow driver… and every red light. 

Your printer will not work when you really need it to.

The item you lost will always be in the first place you checked but didn’t see it.

If you’re going to be at UConn’s Storrs campus on a Tuesday, bring your boots, it will rain.

Finals week will always be known as “Hell Week.”

If a grocery store has free samples, there is a 100% chance you will shop there instead of its competitor.

You will always struggle opening the doors of Oak Hall.

If you wait for the person in the stall next to you to finish and leave so you can poop peacefully, they will do the same thing and you will be in a bathroom stalemate for 6 minutes until someone bites the bullet.

If you are diligently working on schoolwork, the instant you take a quick 5-minute social media break, there is a 100% chance someone will decide to check in on you. 

Ed Sheeran’s new album is going to be ~fire~

You say you’ll do all the readings this semester for your classes… but there is a 100% chance that is a lie.

The UConn Bus Tracker will be wrong, especially if you’re running late.

“UConn Women’s Basketball will win this game tonight.”

The Wi-Fi will go out and Netflix will freeze at the MOST pivotal moment of the entire show you’re trying to binge watch in peace.

No matter what happens in 2017, it will be better than 2016.

And on that note, may your 2017 be happy and prosperous and may you learn many useful facts in the coming year.

Cover Image Source

Amanda is a senior Journalism and Communication double-major with a minor in English. Aside from writing, she loves reading, spending time with family and friends, and making videos. If you can’t find her, she’s probably at the beach. Someday, she hopes to be a director and writer for TV/Film and spend all of her free time traveling. But for now, you can read her articles on Her Campus UConn.