This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

15 always seems to be one of the harder years of a girls life. You’re just starting high school, relationships are becoming more relevant, and you’re trying to figure out who you are and who you want to become. At 15, I wish someone had given me a road map to life and taught me how to navigate the chaos that comes along with it. Here are some pieces of wisdom that I wish I had been told at 15:

1.  You are so brave. Braver and stronger than you’ll ever know.  This life is going to chew you up and spit you out sometimes, but I promise it’s worth it.

2.  Every setback means you’re one step closer to where you need to be. Pain makes you stronger. It allows you to grow.

3.  It’s okay to cry. You aren’t weak.

4.  Remember, you have a voice. Use it. Often.

5.  Fight. For your family. For your friends, but most importantly, fight for you.

6.  You deserve love.

7.  Do not hold back. Whether this be in love, life or your career. Go into everything full-force or not at all.

8.  He’s not worth your tears. You did everything you could to make it work. It’s his loss, not yours.

9.  Believe in yourself and your goals.

10.  Your self-worth does not depend on anyone else.

11.  Do not stress over things you can’t change. Let it go and move forward.

12.  Be strong enough to walk away from any situation that does not make you happy. This will allow something better to come along.

13.  Trust the timing. You might not be where you want to, but this is where you need to be right now.

14.  You will fail over and over again, but that doesn’t mean you are a failure.

15.  Do what makes you happy, no matter what anyone says. This is your life, and you have every right to live it the way you want to.

Cover Image Source