10 Signs You’re a Husky

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

1. You dread connecting to UConn Secure, since it only works 25% of the time.

You’d think that a unviersity would know how to at least get the internet right…

2. You’re still a little startled when you hear “Pedestrians: bus is turning”

Yes, one of the main attractions here at UConn is our talking buses.

3. You’ve mastered the art of balancing 2 square plates and 3 long plates while getting food in McMahon. 

We all realize that they need to either get trays or allow you to scoop your own food. They, however, do not. 

4. You dread going into ITE-C80, also known as The Dungeon.

We all hope that today will finally be the day that there’s cell phone service. It’s never that day.

5. You’ve sledded down Horsebarn Hill on trays you stole from South. 

And you found it hilarious when they put up signs all over the dining hall saying “Return the trays. We know what you’re using them for.”

6. You’ve seen the rock in front of North Garage get painted four times in one day. 

The constant competition to be the one who’s heard (or seen) is highly entertaining. 

7. You’ve watched the transformation from the old Husky to the new. 

10 points to Griffindor if you know where the last reminants of the old Husky are (*cough* Alumni Center front entrance)!

8. You know to bring your rain gear on Tuesdays.

If it’s not raining, you know something must be wrong with Mother Nature. 

9. You know that the wisest decision you’ll make in all 4 years here is to avoid the Union at all costs between the hours of 11:30 and 1:30.

Is that a mosh pit? Nope, that’s the salad line.  

10. You constantly refresh your Gmail from the months of November through Feburary, hoping for an e-mail from Jay Hickey.  

The best mornings ever involve an email from our good friend Jay.