10 Reasons Hermione Granger is the Bad A** Witch You Want to Be

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Today, September 19th, 2015, is Hermione Granger’s 36th birthday.  In honor of her birthday, here are 10 reasons she kicked butt throughout the series:

1.)    Hermione ALWAYS looked out for her friends.

2.)    She single handedly solved the mystery of the Chamber of Secrets.

3.)    She saved both Buckbeak and Sirius while Harry basically just tagged along for the ride.

4.)    She always knew the answer.  Some may say she’s a know-it-all but I say she’s brilliant and they’re all jealous.  You either study up or shut up.

5.)    She survived numerous brushes with death.

6.)    She landed the guy everyone wanted while staying true to herself.

7.)    Then she landed the right guy.

ROMIONE FOREVER!!! (Regardless of Rowling’s opinions…) 

8.)    Harry Potter (who’s not afraid of Voldemort) is scared of her. 

Who can blame him?  Have you seen her spell work? 

9.)     She always knows what to do.

And last but not least…

10.)  She punched Draco Malfoy in the face.

*Entire fandom applauds* 

Happy Birthday Hermione Jean Granger!

Nikki is the Campus Correspondent & Editor in Chief for Her Campus UConn.  She is a senior majoring in Communication with a minor in HDFS.  Nikki wishes she was Beyoncé, worships Adele, eats more pasta than is probably recommended, and is a Ravenclaw at heart.   If you have any questions or concerns regarding Her Campus UConn, you can email her at nicoleharris@hercampus.com.
Sarah is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UConn. She is a Communication and Journalism major at the University of Connecticut newly suffering from the travel bug after a summer in Spain and an obsession with all things UConn Husky Basketball.