10 People Who Would Make a More Relevant Bachelor Than Arie Luyendyk Jr.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Good Morning America broke the news that Arie Luyendyk Jr. is America’s next bachelor. Since this basically came right out of left field, many people don’t even know who Arie is. For a quick refresher, Arie was the runner-up on Emily Maynard’s season of The Bachelorette back in 2012. Since Arie has been out of the spotlight for the last 5 years, here are 10 people who would make a more relevant bachelor than Arie. 

1. Peter Kraus 

Do we even need to explain this one? Peter was the all-around #1 choice to be the next bachelor. As we could tell on Rachel’s season, he’s invested in relationships and is willing to go the extra mile to make it work. Not to mention he’s pretty much a perfect human being. 

2. Wells Adams 

If Bachelor in Paradise has taught us anything this summer, it’s that we all need a Wells in our lives. Wells is an all around great guy who would have brought lots of humor and dogs into being the next bachelor. As sad as we may be, we’re secretly hoping Wells and Danielle M. finally get together!

3. Eric Bigger 

Watching Eric’s journey on Rachel’s season of The Bachelorette made everyone watching root for him to find love. From having never really been in a serious relationship, to being able to bring a girl home and tell her that he loved her really showed Eric’s growth and maturity throughout the season. Even though he’s not our next bachelor, we’re still rooting for him! 

4. Ben Higgins 

Even though Ben has already been the bachelor once before, he still deserves another chance at love. Ben was a fan favorite on Kaitlyn Bristowe’s season of The Bachelorette and continued that reputation throughout his very own season. Maybe one day he’ll come back for another shot at a happy ending (we hope). 

5. Ben Z. 

Bachelor in Paradise wasn’t paradise for Ben Z, because he missed his dog so much. He needs to be the bachelor not only to find love, but to find a dog mom for his rottweiler, Zeus. 

6. Luke Pell 

Luke has come close to being the Bachelor, but it didn’t work out. After a last minute switch up and having producers give the spot to Nick Viall, Luke was left hanging. After seeing him on JoJo Fletcher’s season of The Bachelorette, we’d love to see this country singer back for another chance at finding love!

7. Chase McNary 

Yet another contestant who was supposedly in the talks to be to be the bachelor and had the spot taken away and given to Nick Viall. Chase was another one from JoJo Fletcher’s season of The Bachelorette who pulled ahead towards the end showing his emotional side only to be rejected in the fantasy suite. Chase has been given the perfect bachelor backstory and we’re hoping to one day see it all play out!

8. Chris ‘Cupcake’ Strandburg 

When you roll up in a literal cupcake on the first night to potentially meet your future wife, you’re someone to remember. Cupcake, as he’s known in the bachelor world, would make a great lead, I mean look at that smile. Not to mention, all the limo entrances would be crazy, it’s pretty difficult to top an actual cupcake. 

9. Daniel McGuire 

Oh, Daniel. This guy would be something else as the next bachelor. Is Daniel actually looking for love? Who knows. All that we know is that his season would be like no other. 

10. Chris Harrison 

Last but not least, Chris Harrison! The real question regarding this whole franchise is why hasn’t Chris been our leading man? The reasons why Chris would be the perfect bachelor go on and on but for now we’re anxiously awaiting the day he announces himself as the bachelor. It’s never too late for love, Chris. 

Even though Arie might not have been our first choice to be the next bachelor, we’re excited to see where his journey goes! 

What do you think of Arie as the next bachelor? Tweet us your thoughts! @UConnHC 

Cover Image Source