absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Peanut Butter Recipes You Have to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Peanut butter, a staple of many a college late night, doesn’t need anything special to make it delicious. Casually scooped up with an apple or even eaten with a spoon (we don’t judge), you certainly can’t go wrong. Let’s be honest, we’ve probably been eating it for as long as we can remember. #shoutouttomom However, as March is National Peanut Month, it’s only right that we take the time to pay tribute to our favorite peanut product and spice it up.  Below are 10 dessert recipes that will for sure pump up your peanut butter game. 

1.  Peanut Butter Apple Dip

A super simple twist on the classic peanut butter dip, this version features honey and Greek yogurt, making it the ultimate snack. Who doesn’t love a naturally sweet flavor that’s packed with protein and natural nutrients? All you have to do is combine three easy ingredients.

2.  Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Parfait

For every girl who loves the body of granola and the smooth taste of peanut butter, there is this delicious Peanut Butter Granola Parfait. Packed peanut butter and sprinkled with chocolate, it’s the perfect dish for any day.

3.  Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

Kind of like a peanut butter cup, these snacks are so convenient to take wherever you go.  

4.  Banana & Peanut Butter Roll Ups

If you’re entirely dependent on the dining hall, no worries. There are recipes to fit every budget, specifically this next peanut butter and banana roll up idea. All three of the ingredients can be found in the dining hall and it makes a great option for when you’re tired of eating grilled cheese for every meal (if that’s even possible).

5.  Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cups

For the truly dedicated fans of peanut butter and chocolate, here your next conquest. Oreo peanut butter brownies look fantastic and are the perfect treat to take to your next wine night.

6.  Reese’s No Bake Peanut Butter Bars

Not all of us always have access to ovens, but that’s not an issue for this next recipe. These bars have everything you could ever want in peanut butter and chocolate without the hassle of trying to take over someone’s kitchen for an hour.

7.  Peanut Butter “Buckeye” Pretzel Bites

I don’t know about you, but I am obsessed with pretzels dipped in chocolate.  Simple and only requiring a microwave and a freezer, these will be the hit of any party or study session. Chocolate + peanut butter + pretzels = perfection!

8.  No-Bake Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars

Another recipe for all of our kitchen challenged collegiettes, these double chocolate peanut butter granola bars are an amazing solution for every woman on the go.  Take them to class or meetings; they’re easy to transport and no mess! Get ready to say yes to DIY and goodbye to store bought bars.

9.  4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

The classic peanut butter cookie had to be on this list and this version couldn’t be simpler for any busy student to pull off.  Needing only 4 ingredients, these are easy to make and hard to keep for long.

10.  4-Ingredient Maple Peanut Butter Fudge

Although March is National Peanut Month, it’s also the season when maple syrup tapping begins in the Northeast. What better way to celebrate these two delicious foods than by combining them into a maple peanut butter fudge? For all the collegiettes with food restrictions, this recipe is vegan, grain, dairy and gluten free. 

Have any dessert ideas we missed? Comment them below or tweet us @UConnHC!

Thumbnail Image Credit