This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Let’s face it, dorm rooms are tiny and you can’t fit nearly the amount of clothes you want in those small closets and plastic storage drawers. So that means you have to get creative.  Here’s some style inspiration on how to wear the same dress for five very different occasions that may come up in college. And better yet, many of the items are great for college girls on a budget.

Let’s start off with a cute simple A-line blue dress from H&M (for only $20!)

This dress will provide great canvas to add accessories for the appropriate occasion and your mood that day. 

1. Going to Class 

Sometimes there’s just no other option than to throw on leggings and a college T for your 8am lecture. But…sometimes it’s fun to look nice to go to class, especially if it’s at 11am. By pairing the blue dress with a delicate long necklace from Forever21, a jean jacket from H&M, and essential riding boots, it becomes an effortlessly stylish outfit. Alternatively, you can pair the dress and boots with a big infinite scarf, a perfect combination for fall. Don’t forget to grab your coffee before heading to class!

2. Going Out on the Weekend 

You never know where weekends on campus will take you- and that’s what’s exciting about college! It’s important to plan ahead and wear comfortable shoes while still looking stylish. These wedges offer both style and sensibility. You can splurge on this Rebecca Minkoff bag to keep all essentials; phone, key, money, and campus ID.  Top off look with biker jacket for a chilly night and a trendy choker necklace, and you’re ready for wherever the night takes you. 

3. Going to a Bridal Shower

Sometimes fancier occasions come up, say your sister’s bridal shower, and you don’t want to spend more money (and room in your closet) on a new dress. By wearing the same blue dress and pairing it with chandelier earrings, nude pumps, and simple cardigan, it becomes a classic feminine look. Adding a belt can redesign the flow of the dress by accentuating waist. 

4. Going on a Fancy Date 

Make a great first impression with this statement necklace, sexy red ankle strap heels, and romantic perfume. Add a casual suede jacket for chilly nights, in case he doesn’t give you his.

5. Going to a Business Casual Event

There are so many networking opportunities, career fairs, and company meet and greets on campus. So a few business clothes are essential in your college wardrobe. Transition the blue dress to be appropriate for a business casual event by adding nylons, a fitted black blazer, and Tory Burch flats. A simple, statement necklace elevates look to show sophistication.

These are just a few of the many ways to style this simple dress. It’s fun to mix and match with what you have to create different looks. With the right accessories, you can have more outfits with fewer clothes. Take a look in your closet to see how you can reinvent the clothes you own!